Amazing How silly people think we are - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Amazing How silly people think we are

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 04:41 AM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
It is actually found on Carteret County News-Times "Letter to the Editor section at: http://www.carolinacoastonline.com/news times/opinions/letters to editor/article 8065cdfa-6a1c-11e2-a753-001a4bcf887a.html
I don't doubt it was actually sent to a paper and published, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a cutting attempt using sarcasm to ridicule the whining from the left that conservatives have to put up with constantly. No one could be that clueless. C-section babies are not natural born citizens, that's priceless.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:42 AM   #52

Liked 2544 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

You have to walk into somebody's living room,

where they have a shrine dedicated to Barack

(his real name?) and Michele.

THAT's a real wake up call...

Old 06-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #53
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7315 Times on 4399 Posts
Likes Given: 8971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Many people did not grow up with guns in or around the home. The only guns they have ever seen are on TV. What they know about guns comes from disasters that seem to pop up so often now days. They know that thousands of people kill each other every year in cities across the nation. They see that nuts put on their tacticool clothes and go out and kill as many random people, including children, as possible.

If you can't understand why some others don't like guns, you are missing something important.
This post went totally unnoticed. This was me most of my life until I was educated about firearms. i only knew what I saw on TV and read in the newspapers and I thought guns were terrible things. We need to try to calmly and patiently educate these people. It worked for me, it can work for others.

Great post, Chainfire. Thanks.
DrFootball Likes This 
Old 06-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #54

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There are times when having a gun can save your life or some one else's and yes there are times when having a gun on you can get you hurt but it is all a case by case thing. If you know how and when to reveal that you have a weapon and know how to use it (not to mention not afraid to use it) then the chances of a weapon making something worse are slim. Yes there have been times that a person carrying a concealed weapon pulled it and was hurt or killed because they did so, but 9 out of 10 times it because they had not trained them selves to use it with out thinking. I myself am a US Marine and with any firearm I own I work on muscle memory so that if I have to use is I can do so with out thinking did I do this and that so that I can pull the trigger and it go boom. That and those who think well if I have a gun and they see it they will stop what they are doing. Wrong! It has been shown that most people who pull and present a gun would not use it. On a target or threatening animal yes another person no. Most people who don't like guns don't like or want one because they don't want to shoot anyone. Before Japan bombed Pearl Harbor they had planned on invading the US through California but changed their minds when they found out how many hunting permits had been issued. The assumed that all those people would fight back and they may have, but that's another country trying to take us out not a fellow American robbing the local gas station because they are broke and can't/ don't want to get a job. I'm just sayin.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #55
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Many people did not grow up with guns in or around the home. The only guns they have ever seen are on TV. What they know about guns comes from disasters that seem to pop up so often now days. They know that thousands of people kill each other every year in cities across the nation. They see that nuts put on their tacticool clothes and go out and kill as many random people, including children, as possible.

If you can't understand why some others don't like guns, you are missing something important.
No, we understand their reasoning, it's just that their reasoning is severely flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
This post went totally unnoticed. This was me most of my life until I was educated about firearms. i only knew what I saw on TV and read in the newspapers and I thought guns were terrible things. We need to try to calmly and patiently educate these people. It worked for me, it can work for others.

Great post, Chainfire. Thanks.
^^^ Takes Winds for example. As she said, she was like that. That is, until she learned the facts. Now that she knows the truth, she's no longer terrified of guns. From the pics I've seen, she's a pretty good shot too.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #56

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
That can't be real.
"Because the Constitution was written a hundred years ago."
That can't be real

The best part is when he starts talking about natural born citizens, and thinks that natural means born in the traditional way (as in not a Caesarian Section) HAHA!!!!!!! and thinks that c section babies can't become president. I can't believe that people can be this dumb!
And they vote just like "Proud To Be Democrat"!

"Our great president..." indeed.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #57

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

It's not only the anti-gun fraction that hurts our image. We gun owners have our own "fifth column" too. The loudmouth who talks indescriminately about how he'll blow anyone any who does (fill in blank here) to him. The mall ninja type who's always talking about what a badass he is. The ones who take an extreme "it's my right" position and go to political events opening carrying rifles and/or handguns. It may be legal, but it's not prudent, and makes gun owners look more extrme than most of us are.

OF COURSE these are what the media focuses on. They're much better news than I am.

And as far as facts about firearms? The media never gets facts right about anything. In my law practice in Fort Worth a case of mine was mentioned in the papers once or twice a year, and tv would pick up a story every couple of years. They NEVER got the facts right. That's one reason I always refused to talk to them about a pending case.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #58

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
You have to walk into somebody's living room,

where they have a shrine dedicated to Barack

(his real name?) and Michele.

THAT's a real wake up call...
I dunno, I have little busts of Washington and Lincoln at home, oh, and a big picture of Tipper Gore's...

Old 06-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Attached image just to show I didn't make this up.
As I have been trying to point out to the 'silent majority', secular progressives are the greatest danger to our way life in the world today. They are millions of times more dangerous than any terrorist will ever be and people KEEP ELECTING them!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 06-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #60

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

You know, I sorta dislike the grouping together of gun critics under political labels like "liberal", or what is now replacing it, "progressive". I used to half jokingly say that I was a conservatives worst nightmare: an armed liberal. Not to get into a big discussion here, but to show that you can't lump everyone into categories, I am for (or at least not against) pro-choice on abortion or contraception issues; gay marriage (not personally interested, but I don't care what YOU do); an immigration policy that makes sense and leads to citizenship for non-criminal illegal aliens (try to get a roof put on in Texas in the summer without illegal alien labor); and a health care policy that would put basic heath care at moderate cost to most residents of the U.S.. I am against anything that infringes further on my constitutional rights, particualry the 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendment; I was against the Patrirot Act, and it's subsequent re-authorization. I am against more intrusive goverment, but likewise am against the increasing control that big corporations have on our lives. I don't believe in goverment or job drug testing. I mostly want to be left the hell alone.