Amazing How silly people think we are - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Amazing How silly people think we are

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #31
Table of Warriors Placeholder
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 8,024
Liked 6799 Times on 3714 Posts
Likes Given: 13382

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
There's a picture of a gun in my house!!!"
:gasp: A picture of a gun!
__________________

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

MisterMcCool is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

Guns are dangerous and kill people. I like to show them the pic of my M4gery sitting on my porch and I get the why do you need a military automatic rifle?!?!?!
I say, I don't. It's semi automatic and only gets one round per trigger pull. To which I hear the That's what the Army has and I seen on on a movie or video game....Wait what!?!?!? A game!?!?!? Movie?!?!?!?!??

My hippy sister likes to use the Well, do you think you need a tank or sub? I say sure! If I can afford one. But just how many people spending their own money have one? THe peopel that buy those are usually spending other people;'s money. You know..Like the government?

Logic will not work on people that get their spoon fed BS form the powers that wish to oppress the people. If the 2A is supposed to be a tool of the peopel to protect themselves form any enemy up to and including your own government. What sense does it make to allow them to be the ones to regulate this right? Of course the hippy sis will say really? you want to fight the government? No, I don't. But sometime you might find youself in a place that you can do nothing to get out of the corner and you might have to come out swinging. But that's never happened before...right....?

__________________

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

DrumJunkie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #33
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

My hippy sister likes to use the Well, do you think you need a tank or sub? I say sure! If I can afford one. But just how many people spending their own money have one? THe peopel that buy those are usually spending other people;'s money. You know..Like the government?
I get that same type of thing when I say "I don't believe in gun control". People immediately scream stuff at me like "So you think someone should be able to own a machine gun!!!!?" So I reply with something like "I do, I don't believe in gun control therefore I believe you should be able to own a machine gun, in fact I believe in the Second Amendment which says you can own any weaponry that the military can own." And to that I get the "So should you be able to own a nuclear bomb!!!?" at which point I say something like this "the government shouldn't be able to own nukes, and quite frankly, no logical person would want one, and no illogical person has enough money to buy one."
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:11 AM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dragunovsks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West of Louisville KY,Indiana
Posts: 2,309
Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default

Im always hearing "You dont need an AR for hunting or self defense!"

Ill usually reply, "Nobody needs a 150 mph car or motorcycle but they are legal!"

I also hear, "The 2nd amendment doesn't apply to modern firearms because at the time it was written they didnt exist!"

My reply to that one, "According to that logic then the 1st amendment doesnt apply to social media, the internet in general, tv or radio because they also didnt exist at the time!"

__________________

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

dragunovsks is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:23 AM   #35
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 7,471
Liked 3060 Times on 2080 Posts
Likes Given: 648

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
At a "holiday" party in a major metropolitan city where it was announced to the entire gathering that "HockaLouis is a big NRA guy!" The entire place went silent. All heads turned to stare at me. The hostess took a step towards me from across the room we were in and publicly exclaimed "YOU think CITIZENS should be allowed to have GUNS!?"

"Allowed?" I asked incredulously. In my best valley-girl impression I rolled my eyes, twirled my hair and answered: "um, yeeaaahhhh." Hostess: "how can you SAY that!?" Valley Girl: "Ummm, I think they call it the Second Amennndment of The Bill of Riiights to The U.S. Constituuution."
Yeah,..tell Em! No Shyt I do because I served so YOU didn't have to!!
__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 3,845
Liked 2715 Times on 1591 Posts
Likes Given: 1724

Default

i recently had a chance to debate with someone who supported obama's assault weapon ban.

the person basically said "there is no reason to have assault weapons or even semi-auto guns!"

i just went to the computer and pulled a pic of a ruger 10/22 all tacticool with pistol grip, all black, lights...y'know the works....and i said "do you feel this gun should be banned?" and they replied "yes, no one needs that gun."

i then immediately switched to pic of another 10/22....this one of course in a simple wood stock. and then asked.."do you think this gun should be banned?" to which they replied "no, that is just a hunting rifle." lmao!

rule #1 in engaging a debate: always good to have some knowledge of what you are debating about....

good thing, i do think i changed their perspective a bit. in the end, they were agreeing with most of what i said...

__________________
hawkguy is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #37
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 7,471
Liked 3060 Times on 2080 Posts
Likes Given: 648

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau

This reminds me of one of my favorite t-shirts I saw many years ago when I was a full time LEO.
"Be safe tonight, sleep with a cop"!
But seriously, we have an uphill battle now to try and undo decades of indoctrination and misinformation put out by the progressives through many outlets, the most disturbing being OUR schools!!! MOST (not all) teachers are card carrying union progressives and they make it a point to try and 'teach' our children how 'bad and evil' guns are.
Yes,..Being a Retired Teacher(Post Service). While I was a Member & a Union Rep.. for my Job,..I was Never in Lockstep with those folk, and you'd surprised how many of them went and got Permits(who lived both IN NYC & those who Came from the Outer Berbs!) the MINUTE some enraged Teen threatened them!
__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 3,845
Liked 2715 Times on 1591 Posts
Likes Given: 1724

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Im always hearing "You dont need an AR for hunting or self defense!"

Ill usually reply, "Nobody needs a 150 mph car or motorcycle but they are legal!"

I also hear, "The 2nd amendment doesn't apply to modern firearms because at the time it was written they didnt exist!"

My reply to that one, "According to that logic then the 1st amendment doesnt apply to social media, the internet in general, tv or radio because they also didnt exist at the time!"
good points! i always add to the the "need" argument as well....do you NEED alcohol? i mean do you know how many lives are destroyed in various ways, every day by alcohol?

then they begin...."well, i drink responsibly"....to which i reply...EXACTLY!!!!
__________________
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:53 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 859
Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
My all time favorite excuse?

"I don't believe in guns."

BELIEVE in them? Hell, I've SEEN them!
Good God!
Call the Feds and the media!
There is a REAL gun out there in the wild!
I can't wait to see it on discovery channel and at the local zoo.
__________________
Gizord1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:01 AM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 859
Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default

I have barely met any anti gun whack jobs, cause down here in the south, everyone loves guns!

However, in my government class of my senior year in high school, we read these student news magazines, and one was an article on semi auto firearms and the "gun show loophole". We had to write a paper about our thoughts on the argument. My teacher (who was pro gun), told me he had never seen it explained like I did it, and saw the issue in a new light. I think I converted him from republican to libertarian before the end of the semester.

__________________
Gizord1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Silly Silly Chicago ScottA The Club House 7 05-09-2013 11:08 PM
Mr. Silly lostsoul62 Legal and Activism 4 10-05-2011 09:26 PM
Silly Russians snyder77 The Club House 5 04-19-2011 06:45 PM
Amazing, simply amazing AcidFlashGordon Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 10-29-2010 12:06 PM
Silly question maybe.... dgray64 The Club House 10 08-12-2008 06:52 PM