Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Amazing How silly people think we are

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2111 Times on 1457 Posts
Likes Given: 437

Default Amazing How silly people think we are

The scene: a Business Network Meeting in my town:
sitting in this meeting with fellow local business folk and one realtor has her Photo on her card with her .38 special at port arms. Friend of my wife's says "We're Anti-Gun!!(loudly) my Husbands Best friend was killed in a robbery in 1977." On further investigation we discovered they lived in Detroit. "well Darling I'm from NY" I said "My Dad was a Cop & a Soldier, so were my Uncles & cousins(one is still a 2-star General in the Army)so was my father in law. So you keep believing that your making a difference by not learning to protect & defend yourself, and when that stops working for ya, I'll cover you!"

So what's the silliest, most foolhardy anti-Gun excuse you have ever Heard???

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2302 Times on 1372 Posts
Likes Given: 1066

"That will never happen here!" or "That will never happen to me!"

Even though houses have been robbed a few doors down from the speaker.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

People Like This 
Old 06-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default yeah!

Unbelievable Right?? Just in today's local paper: Biker Gang terrorizes group of Houses apart from the rest of town.....My wife's a Smart Gal...she finally figured out why we also bought a Shotgun,..and are waiting on a second!

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 06-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
fmj

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

"you just dont know! I have been raped once and robbed at gunpoint once, a gun would have only made the situations worse. You have no clue!"

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 06-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4626 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 4761

I was talking with a temp projectionist at work and he told me a couple days ago that he wasnt anti gun but he was totally against semi automatic guns! I said, "so you only dislike most guns?" Then I told him about my Remington model 11 (Circa 1910) 12 gau and he said "antique guns are fine", Then I told him that my granddaddies old M11 was just as lethal as any semi military or police shotgun out there. He just looked at me dumbfounded...

Old 06-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 787 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj
"you just dont know! I have been raped once and robbed at gunpoint once, a gun would have only made the situations worse. You have no clue!"
It's early and I did not see the quotes at first....

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj
Yeah,..I do! (very sad that people still think that way) When i was six, we were walking home from my Grandmas house. Saturday Night, Mom was 5 Months along. Two guys jump out from behind a tree, one with a Knife, My dad steps Forward with his off-duty .38 and his Federal LE Shield " We don't really and any Trouble now, Do we?" they took off......Dad had to stop riding the NYC subway(home from Wk) at 3 Am because he would doze off, and some guy would try and Rob him,..and Then Awake he was, with his Det. Special...and the "federal agent, your under arrest".....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.

Last edited by DrFootball; 06-18-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #8

Liked 135 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 33

"I just don't understand why you need an assault rifle with a bunch of bullets. But a hunting rifle or a handgun is just fine." My response was something to the effect of the .223 vs. 30.06 and then I asked them what the difference was a a rifle held 5 rounds or 30....and that my handgun held 14....where is the round cutoff?

Still waiting on that response..lol

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 06-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2172 Times on 1286 Posts
Likes Given: 1148

"They scare me!"

Yeah, well nobody says that about another mechanism we all use. One that we get into and hurtle our bodies and those of others around at 60+ mph, while other people do the same thing within just feet of us.

They (those people) scare me!

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

Old 06-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #10

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

At a "holiday" party in a major metropolitan city where it was announced to the entire gathering that "HockaLouis is a big NRA guy!" The entire place went silent. All heads turned to stare at me. The hostess took a step towards me from across the room we were in and publicly exclaimed "YOU think CITIZENS should be allowed to have GUNS!?"

"Allowed?" I asked incredulously. In my best valley-girl impression I rolled my eyes, twirled my hair and answered: "um, yeeaaahhhh." Hostess: "how can you SAY that!?" Valley Girl: "Ummm, I think they call it the Second Amennndment of The Bill of Riiights to The U.S. Constituuution."