Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Amazing How silly people think we are (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/amazing-how-silly-people-think-we-92467/)

DrFootball 06-18-2013 08:43 AM

Amazing How silly people think we are

The scene: a Business Network Meeting in my town:
sitting in this meeting with fellow local business folk and one realtor has her Photo on her card with her .38 special at port arms. Friend of my wife's says "We're Anti-Gun!!(loudly) my Husbands Best friend was killed in a robbery in 1977." On further investigation we discovered they lived in Detroit. "well Darling I'm from NY" I said "My Dad was a Cop & a Soldier, so were my Uncles & cousins(one is still a 2-star General in the Army)so was my father in law. So you keep believing that your making a difference by not learning to protect & defend yourself, and when that stops working for ya, I'll cover you!":cool:

So what's the silliest, most foolhardy anti-Gun excuse you have ever Heard???

danf_fl 06-18-2013 09:09 AM

"That will never happen here!" or "That will never happen to me!"

Even though houses have been robbed a few doors down from the speaker.

DrFootball 06-18-2013 09:23 AM

yeah!

Unbelievable Right?? Just in today's local paper: Biker Gang terrorizes group of Houses apart from the rest of town.....My wife's a Smart Gal...she finally figured out why we also bought a Shotgun,..and are waiting on a second!

fmj 06-18-2013 09:59 AM

"you just dont know! I have been raped once and robbed at gunpoint once, a gun would have only made the situations worse. You have no clue!"

WebleyFosbery38 06-18-2013 10:02 AM

I was talking with a temp projectionist at work and he told me a couple days ago that he wasnt anti gun but he was totally against semi automatic guns! I said, "so you only dislike most guns?" Then I told him about my Remington model 11 (Circa 1910) 12 gau and he said "antique guns are fine", Then I told him that my granddaddies old M11 was just as lethal as any semi military or police shotgun out there. He just looked at me dumbfounded...

TruggieTex 06-18-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj
"you just dont know! I have been raped once and robbed at gunpoint once, a gun would have only made the situations worse. You have no clue!"

It's early and I did not see the quotes at first....

DrFootball 06-18-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj

Yeah,..I do! (very sad that people still think that way) When i was six, we were walking home from my Grandmas house. Saturday Night, Mom was 5 Months along. Two guys jump out from behind a tree, one with a Knife, My dad steps Forward with his off-duty .38 and his Federal LE Shield " We don't really and any Trouble now, Do we?" they took off......Dad had to stop riding the NYC subway(home from Wk) at 3 Am because he would doze off, and some guy would try and Rob him,..and Then Awake he was, with his Det. Special...and the "federal agent, your under arrest".....

apwvsd40ve 06-18-2013 10:48 AM

"I just don't understand why you need an assault rifle with a bunch of bullets. But a hunting rifle or a handgun is just fine." My response was something to the effect of the .223 vs. 30.06 and then I asked them what the difference was a a rifle held 5 rounds or 30....and that my handgun held 14....where is the round cutoff?

Still waiting on that response..lol

eatmydust 06-18-2013 11:03 AM

"They scare me!"

Yeah, well nobody says that about another mechanism we all use. One that we get into and hurtle our bodies and those of others around at 60+ mph, while other people do the same thing within just feet of us.

They (those people) scare me!

HockaLouis 06-18-2013 11:13 AM

At a "holiday" party in a major metropolitan city where it was announced to the entire gathering that "HockaLouis is a big NRA guy!" The entire place went silent. All heads turned to stare at me. The hostess took a step towards me from across the room we were in and publicly exclaimed "YOU think CITIZENS should be allowed to have GUNS!?"

"Allowed?" I asked incredulously. In my best valley-girl impression I rolled my eyes, twirled my hair and answered: "um, yeeaaahhhh." Hostess: "how can you SAY that!?" Valley Girl: "Ummm, I think they call it the Second Amennndment of The Bill of Riiights to The U.S. Constituuution."