Alternating ammo in mag? - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Alternating ammo in mag?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 08:08 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
my reasoning is this. if a person is attacked, whether in public or within the privacy of their own home, the goal is to stop the threat. now if you only wound or miss the attacker and they leave the scene or retreat, then by reasonable standards, most people would think the threat has be eliminated.

so using that line of thinking why would a person need to shoot into a car? other than LE trying to stop a fleeing criminal, for a civilian, not so much. IMO, a person hooting into a car with an attacker within that vehicle had better have a really good reason and explanation for doing so.

most JHP ammo has come a long way in the past years of what was available years ago. the ammo makers are putting lots of R&D into making ammo that performs very well under many different conditions.

that being said, i can understand the reasoning of why many years ago that alternating ammo in a mag might, (key word, might) have some valid points. but with the huge gains in the performance of modern SD ammo, i think that line of reasoning just isn't valid anymore. i think the better idea is to have multiple mags loaded with different ammo if one feels that need for varying ammo. seems much better than alternating within one mag IMO.

in different materials, different types of bullets are going to react in different manners of varying penetration levels. IMO, better to stick to one bullet type and learn what it does on different types of material, rather than guessing which round you're at and wondering about whether it will work or not in a critical situation.

these are simply my thoughts and opinions based on my observations and my own informal testing on various materials.
Oh yeah, we definitely agree greatly here. No need to clarify as far as I'm concerned.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #42
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22385 Times on 12492 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Oh yeah, we definitely agree greatly here. No need to clarify as far as I'm concerned.
more of a clarification and expansion of my thoughts and opinions from a previous post here.
wizard63 Likes This 
Old 06-25-2014, 09:31 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2212 Times on 1231 Posts
Likes Given: 6519

I alternate .22lr with 300 Win Mag.
This allows me to to take small rodents or large game. . .
wizard63 Likes This 
Old 06-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2516 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 1447

Just load up with the 'best self defense' ammo out for your chosen PPD and stop trying to 'guess' what circumstance and environment you may be involved in IF YOU NEED TO USE IT.
Unless you are far better than the rest of us at predicting the future you are wasting your time.
Axxe55 Likes This