Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Alabama ccw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Yeah i am not against some basic training before issuing a ccw. I think it is probably even helpful to most people. I think many crimes could be avoided with a reaponsible people carrying

Old 09-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #22

To help some people better understand with how al issues their ccw. Some of the questions they asked before they even started the process is have I ever used a pistol before and what make and model. Then they asked have I ever carried before and in what state and what was the laws like there. Then they asked what kind of pistol am I going to be carrying the most. Then they asked for prior jobs, they use that to help determine if I have knowledge of any kind of weapon before and then they Ask for two ref that know I have carried and ask for character ref to what kind of person am I. Then they do a criminal background check.

Now I know this is not as extensive as most states but for me personally it doesn't matter if they made me take a class or two before they gave it to me. The reason is I believe that nobody knows everything and a class or two could help.

Like i said even if the process was longer and hard it doesn't matter. But I also understand how some people can be worried about the few states that seem to hand them out like candy cuz it worries me to. All I know it that I'm a very responsible person and I have handle guns for 20 years now.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The Sheriff's Office mails me my carry permit after I
send in my $20 and a big bag of M&M's and I'm not even a COP or
do I play one on TV.

Certified in napping
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg

Old 09-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #24

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex1310
The Sheriff's Office mails me my carry permit after I
send in my $20 and a big bag of M&M's and I'm not even a COP or
do I play one on TV.
I wish tht i got a free bag of m&ms with my permit! If oklahoma did send a bag of m&ms with the permit they would charge u $100 extra for them..

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-28-2011, 04:24 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Alabama ccw

In Michigan, even though I was a retired Army Military Policeman, had carried a .45 or 9mm pistol all over the US and Germany and Korea, was qualified every 6 months, and had a Top Secret security clearance, I was required to take a NRA class ($150), get fingerprinted ($25), get a passport quality photo ($25), pay a fee to the county for background checks ($120), and wait 30 days before appearing before the County Sheriff, a Michigan State Policeman, and a County Clerk for an interview before the license (not a permit, but a 5-year license) was issued. I moved out of the snow back to the Fort McClellan area, waited a year in order to qualify and gave the Sheriff's office 20 bucks and walked out with my permit. wktipton, SSG, USA, (Military Police), Retired.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #26

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktipton View Post
In Michigan, I was required to take a NRA class ($150), get fingerprinted ($25), get a passport quality photo ($25), pay a fee to the county for background checks ($120),with my permit..
so a poor widow has to choose between food on the table, tires on the car, or safety on the street.

the north had us outnumbered and outgunned but we had them outmanned .......................................... join the NRA

Old 09-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #27

I just moved from GA where it is the same as AL. $20 fee, background check reviewed my judge, judge issues permit. All in a 1-2 week period. Now in SC I have to take a class, pay for finger priest and photo, pay for application fee and wait will every agency in the state reviews my information. I heard it's atleast 90 days to review.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1125 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Yes, but a South Carolina CWP is valid in 31 states. That, for anyone who travels makes it much worthwhile.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #29

That is true. Combined with the GA out of state I will have pretty much anywhere I want to go covered.