Alabama ccw - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Alabama ccw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Yeah i am not against some basic training before issuing a ccw. I think it is probably even helpful to most people. I think many crimes could be avoided with a reaponsible people carrying

Old 09-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #22

To help some people better understand with how al issues their ccw. Some of the questions they asked before they even started the process is have I ever used a pistol before and what make and model. Then they asked have I ever carried before and in what state and what was the laws like there. Then they asked what kind of pistol am I going to be carrying the most. Then they asked for prior jobs, they use that to help determine if I have knowledge of any kind of weapon before and then they Ask for two ref that know I have carried and ask for character ref to what kind of person am I. Then they do a criminal background check.

Now I know this is not as extensive as most states but for me personally it doesn't matter if they made me take a class or two before they gave it to me. The reason is I believe that nobody knows everything and a class or two could help.

Like i said even if the process was longer and hard it doesn't matter. But I also understand how some people can be worried about the few states that seem to hand them out like candy cuz it worries me to. All I know it that I'm a very responsible person and I have handle guns for 20 years now.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The Sheriff's Office mails me my carry permit after I
send in my $20 and a big bag of M&M's and I'm not even a COP or
do I play one on TV.
Certified in napping
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg

Old 09-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #24

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex1310
The Sheriff's Office mails me my carry permit after I
send in my $20 and a big bag of M&M's and I'm not even a COP or
do I play one on TV.
I wish tht i got a free bag of m&ms with my permit! If oklahoma did send a bag of m&ms with the permit they would charge u $100 extra for them..

Old 09-28-2011, 04:24 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Alabama ccw

In Michigan, even though I was a retired Army Military Policeman, had carried a .45 or 9mm pistol all over the US and Germany and Korea, was qualified every 6 months, and had a Top Secret security clearance, I was required to take a NRA class ($150), get fingerprinted ($25), get a passport quality photo ($25), pay a fee to the county for background checks ($120), and wait 30 days before appearing before the County Sheriff, a Michigan State Policeman, and a County Clerk for an interview before the license (not a permit, but a 5-year license) was issued. I moved out of the snow back to the Fort McClellan area, waited a year in order to qualify and gave the Sheriff's office 20 bucks and walked out with my permit. wktipton, SSG, USA, (Military Police), Retired.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #26

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktipton View Post
In Michigan, I was required to take a NRA class ($150), get fingerprinted ($25), get a passport quality photo ($25), pay a fee to the county for background checks ($120),with my permit..
so a poor widow has to choose between food on the table, tires on the car, or safety on the street.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #27

I just moved from GA where it is the same as AL. $20 fee, background check reviewed my judge, judge issues permit. All in a 1-2 week period. Now in SC I have to take a class, pay for finger priest and photo, pay for application fee and wait will every agency in the state reviews my information. I heard it's atleast 90 days to review.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Yes, but a South Carolina CWP is valid in 31 states. That, for anyone who travels makes it much worthwhile.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #29

That is true. Combined with the GA out of state I will have pretty much anywhere I want to go covered.

Newest Threads