Alabama ccw - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Alabama ccw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie
what's so "damn scary" about it? are you afraid of people having guns? how long do they make you folks wait when you buy a pistol? how thorough are those background checks?
First off i wore a badge for 10 years, ive dealt with all walks of life including people carrying guns, been in countless physical altercations with suspects, some with guns.. Been shot at while being on a call... So no im not afraid of people carrying guns.. But whenever u hand out conceal carry permits like m&ms without restraint u get people with no business carrying guns along with the good people.. Oklahoma knows wat kind of person i am better than i do.. Before u can even b considered to b a cop in oklahoma u have to take a 500+ question evaluation test called an MMPI, then a background check called a TRIPLE I.then if everything is good u can go to CLEET.. My concern is people tht dont know a gun from their a**. never fired a gun or even know how to properly aim a gun..all of a sudden want to carry one.. They go down and in 5 minutes BOOM here is ur conceal carry permit... Or joe blow cho mo wants to b able to carry a gun legally because it helps him with his lewd acts..he goes down to the local S.O. And In five minutes BOOM here is ur conceal carry permit.. Thts y i said "damn scary"

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

well mrwray by now you should know that "people with no business carrying guns along with the good people" are going to be doing their "lewd acts" whether they have a permit or not. as for as "restraining our m&ms" we have to pass the same type of background check to carry a gun as we do to buy one.

the north had us outnumbered and outgunned but we had them outmanned .......................................... join the NRA

Old 09-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #13

I'm sorry y'all maybe I should have made it a bit clearer. They did a criminal background check and then asked the questions and once everything checked out and they felt comfortable in giving me one they did. That was my bad on that one guys

Old 09-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

The very concept of having a "permit" is an offensive violation of the Constitution. I have gone thru the process many times since 1968, and still have a CWP. But the need for "permission" to carry a means of self defense gives someone else the power (not the right) to deny such permission as suits their purpose. So what is "shall not be infringed" good for?

Old 09-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
The very concept of having a "permit" is an offensive violation of the Constitution.
i tend to agree but at least the process isn't as oppressive down here as it is in some of the more enlightened republics within our borders.

the north had us outnumbered and outgunned but we had them outmanned .......................................... join the NRA

Old 09-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

There are millions of people who are not police officers, but are well familiar with carrying and using a gun. Ask any of the GI's who have fought in wars where we actually used the guns and didn't just carry them. Also, many states require people to take and pass classes in gun-related law and proper handling of guns, and to qualify on a firing range in addition to a background check before a permit is issued. The right (not priviledge) to carry a weapon for self-defense is not a token of superiority nor of special priviledge. It is simply a way to have a reasonable chance of surviving a violent assault (since it's not safe to walk to the corner grocery after dark anymore).

Old 09-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #17

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
There are millions of people who are not police officers, but are well familiar with carrying and using a gun. Ask any of the GI's who have fought in wars where we actually used the guns and didn't just carry them. Also, many states require people to take and pass classes in gun-related law and proper handling of guns, and to qualify on a firing range in addition to a background check before a permit is issued. The right (not priviledge) to carry a weapon for self-defense is not a token of superiority nor of special priviledge. It is simply a way to have a reasonable chance of surviving a violent assault (since it's not safe to walk to the corner grocery after dark anymore).
I agree with u 100%

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Just as an example of what feeble kinds of self-defense makes sense to some people:
I work for a research facility associated with, but not part of, a prestigious university. I receive emails that are also sent to the faculty and staff of the university. They notified everyone of a class, "Personal safety program for faculty and staff at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday". Last year's class, taught by the Kampus Kops, advised everyone that if they are confronted by a violent perp they should "scream loudly and try to run away". But they left out the most important part: "Fire a warning shot thru the perp's chest, stomp his head into a bloody pulp, then scream and try to run away".

Old 09-20-2011, 02:49 AM   #19

Its so odd that some states are so easy to obtain cc permits and others are nearly impossible. In ohio it costs about 100 for the class and like 70 to apply for the permit and background check. About 2 to 3 weeks start to finish

Old 09-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccinstaller View Post
Its so odd that some states are so easy to obtain cc permits and others are nearly impossible. In ohio it costs about 100 for the class and like 70 to apply for the permit and background check. About 2 to 3 weeks start to finish
There is one good thing about that, though - it hasn't been pre-empted by a universal national procedure, the states still have some control over the issue. Maybe someday the guru's over the abusive states will grow up.