Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Alabama ccw (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/alabama-ccw-48060/)

glockguy22 09-10-2011 01:45 PM

Alabama ccw

So I got a hold of the local sheriffs office to find out how to get a ccp. To much of my surprise its not hard at all. I don't have to fill out any paper work, they do a criminal background check and if and when I pass they hand me a permit for only $20. That is amazing!! I'm going this week and getting it

moonpie 09-10-2011 03:40 PM

me and my buddy got our first ones down in Covinton County back when they were $5, right after he had to pay a $60 fine for not having one.

glockguy22 09-10-2011 07:06 PM

Yeah well the way I figured I rather pay $20 here in bama then paying $120 in Alaska, which is were I'm from

trip286 09-10-2011 07:11 PM

Wow, I thought I was lucky here in MS

glockguy22 09-10-2011 07:17 PM

But Alaska was so much better because I could ccw and did not need a permit at all. So instead of paying $120 I would just carry and not have te permit

trip286 09-10-2011 07:31 PM

I think it's like 138 in MS, the permit cost x amount, and then the fingerprinting costs another x amount. I think the price is just a bit steep, but it's a shall issue state, if you have no problems on the background check, you get the permit. they claim it can take up to 4 months, but I don't know anyone personally that had to wait more than 3 weeks.

MrWray 09-10-2011 07:48 PM

In oklahoma where i live u pay for every process. For the sheriff office to do fingerprints and passport style photo $25, for conceal carry course "depends on instructor" anywhere from $60-$100, then for oklahoma state bureau of investigation's background check and issuance of permit its $100 for 5 year or $200 for 10 year.. So its not cheap

glockguy22 09-13-2011 05:41 PM

So I picked up my ccw yesterday. It was amazing how easy it was. I don't have to take any classes or nothing. They just asked me a few questions and handed over my permit. Now I just have to wait for my gun to come in and I will be caring that thing everywhere. I just have to find a iwb holster that can hide the whole gun so no one can see it. I'm thinking about getting the holster from theis. Alot of people on here said it's the best. I'm taking their word and going for that.

MrWray 09-13-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glockguy22
So I picked up my ccw yesterday. It was amazing how easy it was. I don't have to take any classes or nothing. They just asked me a few questions and handed over my permit. Now I just have to wait for my gun to come in and I will be caring that thing everywhere. I just have to find a iwb holster that can hide the whole gun so no one can see it. I'm thinking about getting the holster from theis. Alot of people on here said it's the best. I'm taking their word and going for that.

So they dont do a thorough background check or anything,just literally ask u some questions and hand u a permit?? Thts pretty damn scary

moonpie 09-13-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray (Post 579733)
So they dont do a thorough background check or anything,just literally ask u some questions and hand u a permit?? Thts pretty damn scary

what's so "damn scary" about it? are you afraid of people having guns? how long do they make you folks wait when you buy a pistol? how thorough are those background checks?