Is a 9mm to small for a CCW? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Is a 9mm to small for a CCW?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 05:25 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth AkSarBen View Post
My conceal carry Taurus Millennium PRO .45 has 11 rounds. 1 in the chamber and 10 in the magazine. In winter, it's the 24/7 PRO with 12 in the magazine, and 1 in the chamber, making 13 rounds. Yes, dead is dead, and one or two with .45 should be plenty. There are more if need be. I can take that 9th shot, or the 10, or the 11th shot without reloading but in all statistics, the F.B.I. rule of 3 applies. For the average shoot out there are 3 shots fired in 3 seconds at a distance of 3 feet. Obviously there may be more shots, some only 1, but these are the averages.

My 45 is the same size I carry for concealed as my wife's .380 that holds 7 +1 I carry 10 + 1. I've really don't have issues. If I thought there would be trouble, I'd bring a shotgun.
"If I thought there would be trouble, I'd bring a shotgun." Oh Hell yeah! Any firearm selection comes with a set of capabilities and limitations, and these must be weighed against the potential end-use. I worked all day today with a 4" 9mm in my crotchal region thanks to Uncle Mike (I'm a landscaper) and didn't have an issue with the Croatian Sensation causing irritation. Tomorrow it'll be on my hip underneath an identical shirt, so it suits my purposes and expectations, and that's all a person can ask.
Well, that, and that it doesn't shoot through your scrotum on the way to your femoral artery.