Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   71 yr. old stops cafe robbery. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/71-yr-old-stops-cafe-robbery-68466/)

Rugers9 07-18-2012 08:19 PM

Not sure if this is up here but here a video of elderly man stopping a robbery.

Rick1967 07-18-2012 08:29 PM

Wow! He was still shooting at them while they were running away. He shot though the window at them. Dont get me wrong. I dont blame him a bit. But I am suprised he was not charged.

canebrake 07-18-2012 11:25 PM

That'a not an elderly man, that's a septuagenarian hero!

And if you whip out a firearm in a public building with the threat to do harm to me YOU become the target, regardless what direction you're facing when I pull the loud switch.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

FearTheFree7 07-18-2012 11:35 PM

First glance looks like a .380.

JeeperSC 07-19-2012 12:17 AM

NICE! The elderly man deserves a medal for that one!
Good job!

I always think its funny to see when the odds are evened against these 'hardcore thugs'! Their true colors come out and they show to be nothing more then your typical cowards and can barley scurry away without tripping all over themselves. I hope they get maximum jail sentences. IDIOTS

vincent 07-19-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeeperSC (Post 874303)
NICE! The elderly man deserves a medal for that one!
Good job!

I always think its funny to see when the odds are evened against these 'hardcore thugs'! Their true colors come out and they show to be nothing more then your typical cowards and can barley scurry away without tripping all over themselves. I hope they get maximum jail sentences. IDIOTS

Yep, shat all over themselves trying to get the hell out of Dodge...well said...coward is the perfect word there...The Canadien jewler vid comes to mind, same thing, different coward...

ineverFTF 07-19-2012 05:41 AM

Words cannot describe the awesomeness of that man.

Vincine 07-19-2012 11:37 AM

I understand that in the heat of battle, one may lose some discriminating ability, but how does it work when you’re shooting an attacker, who’s trying to run away from you? How much ‘slack’ does someone get?

Longrange 07-19-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincine
I understand that in the heat of battle, one may lose some discriminating ability, but how does it work when you’re shoot an attacker, who’s trying to run away from you? How much ‘slack’ does someone get?

Its hard to tell if they dropped their weapons, if they still had them in hand, I would have kept shooting too.

Rugers9 07-19-2012 03:55 PM

I would think as long as you don't Chase the perp down the street your ok in some situations. Cause in the video the guy falls turns around and looks back at him, at that point I would have put a couple more rounds into him.