51 percent - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > 51 percent

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 03:29 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3113 Times on 1861 Posts
Likes Given: 2154

Quote:
=MrGlock45;1521527] I can have a good time sipping plain ginger ale.
and watching drunks act a fool is always a good bit of entertainment while sipping your ale (ginger style).
Old 03-04-2014, 04:56 AM   #32

Liked 26 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
and watching drunks act a fool is always a good bit of entertainment while sipping your ale (ginger style).
Very true. When I was younger I tended bar 5 nights a week and was also a bouncer at an after hrs. club in my town.
I've seen so many drunken idiots that I decided I never wanted to not be in control of myself.
Being in the martial arts for so many yrs. (received my first black belt in Okinawan Karate at the age of 13,) taught me that self control was essential to maintaining the upper hand at all times. Therefore, I no longer drink. (I've never been drunk, but have had a few drinks in my past.)
I feel having a LTCF here in PA for over 40 yrs. now, I want to have no impediment to my SA. For me, sober at all times works. YMMV but for me, I'm just fine with it.

As always, stay safe.

NRA
GT (Member of Bull Dawgs Club/Big Dawgs Club)
GSSF
USCCA
DC
PAFOA
DEF. HANDGUNS
AMERICAN GUN OWNERS
CONCEALED CARRY
*Concealed means...Concealed!

Old 03-04-2014, 07:05 AM   #33
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

When I first got off active duty and went back to School( both literally as a students and as a Teaching Asst.. while getting my BFA, I had an extra Part Timer 3 nights a week From 5-11pm as the "Floor security"(Polite name for Bouncer) in a chain Resturant that serves booze and Beer,..was interesting to say the least.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 03-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #34

Liked 26 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

DrFootball: Oh what stories we could tell ...lol
I had warned a guy nicely once to behave himself after a girl complained to me that he was touching her and bothering her. Unfortunately he didn't listen. She came to me a 2nd time.
I went over and dug my fingers and thumb into his collar bone, grabbed his belt from behind, lifted him out of the chair. Had him up on his toes, walking him from the back bar towards the front bar and exit area. Pushed him face first through the double doors. (They open in not out...oh well.) Had the primary bouncer who worked the door open it, and out the trouble maker went. Down 3 flights of stairs.
Believe it or not he returned 20 min later with a butcher knife. The main bouncer who was the local winner of the tough man contest, told him to get lost when he wanted a go at me. Louie laughed his ass off and told him, he doesn't even mess with me...lol He told him that I'd end up feeding him his own knife, and he should go home and sleep it off.
That was the first smart thing that idiot did that night. Oh well, some people just don't learn.
By the way, I'm 5'7" and this guy was 6'2"
Oh, I had my Colt Govt 45ACP in a Bianchi X15 shoulder rig under my suit coat.

As always, stay safe.

NRA
GT (Member of Bull Dawgs Club/Big Dawgs Club)
GSSF
USCCA
DC
PAFOA
DEF. HANDGUNS
AMERICAN GUN OWNERS
CONCEALED CARRY
*Concealed means...Concealed!

Old 03-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #35
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default 51 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlock45 View Post
DrFootball: Oh what stories we could tell ...lol
I had warned a guy nicely once to behave himself after a girl complained to me that he was touching her and bothering her. Unfortunately he didn't listen. She came to me a 2nd time.
I went over and dug my fingers and thumb into his collar bone, grabbed his belt from behind, lifted him out of the chair. Had him up on his toes, walking him from the back bar towards the front bar and exit area. Pushed him face first through the double doors. (They open in not out...oh well.) Had the primary bouncer who worked the door open it, and out the trouble maker went. Down 3 flights of stairs.
Believe it or not he returned 20 min later with a butcher knife. The main bouncer who was the local winner of the tough man contest, told him to get lost when he wanted a go at me. Louie laughed his ass off and told him, he doesn't even mess with me...lol He told him that I'd end up feeding him his own knife, and he should go home and sleep it off.
That was the first smart thing that idiot did that night. Oh well, some people just don't learn.
By the way, I'm 5'7" and this guy was 6'2"
Oh, I had my Colt Govt 45ACP in a Bianchi X15 shoulder rig under my suit coat.

As always, stay safe.

Nice. Being in "PC" Ny I was only allowed to (by rules of the chain) carry a .38 at that job, and only because I already had a permit. I did keep a 22Mag derringer ( long since gone) in the vest pocket right. .38 was cross draw on left at 9:30, IWB. We had a construction site down the block, and never had much trouble from them until some new guys came on. My two assistants were the night managers son, who was headed to the NYPD, and Danny, a 6'4" ex HS and College football player who was thrown out of college because an asst. Coach shouted obscene comments about Danny's mother, so Danny hung him on a set of hot water pipes by his belt. That's when Danny found G-D and the USMC recruiting office in the same day.

One night not long after St. Pats day I had Danny assisting me solo, and while he had the front door with the hostess I went to tap a kidney. Dude was snorting coke in the far back Stall. I said. "We have a few off duty cops who hang out here. It would be easy for me to call one and hand him a Drug bust." And walked out. When the guy went back to his table his pants were wet,......

On St. Pats day they let me hire two Extras on my own. They would get $150. For the 12 Hr. Day, plus fed, and a bottle of their choice on the way out at closing. I Hired two of my close friends growing up, "Gerry, who had been an E6 in the 2nd Marine division's recon company, and his dad was a Marine Col. Who was killed in Nam in 1970(he had been one of the first O-6's( African am) who could have made General if he had not been killed), and my friend Lee, who had a very mild learning disability, but managed to get into the Army National Guard because he had an uncanny skill with engines, and was an app. Mechanic at 17,..none of us were even close to 6' Lee was 5'8" and Gerry and I 5'9", but the two of them looked like brick walls, and Gerry also had studied the Martial Arts since the age of 6, and we all practiced together,..so that day about 6 hrs in and were throwing folks out every 5 minutes for one violation or another( we were half a block off the parade route, and the place had an Irish name,.those who know NYC chain Bar rests. Can prob. Get it by the 3rd guess...) and some construction worker dude about 6'7 walks in and says "I'm taking over this PLACE!! Gimmie a bottle of SCOTCH or I'll beat up everyone working in this DUMP,..

So we all slide on over to genius of the year and put one each of us on 33 degree angles, Me in front, and Gerry and Lee behind to the left and right sides. I say " look, we cant have this here, my manager has just asked me to ask you kindly to leave or we will have to call the Precinct to come and take you" he says the two magic words and before he can swing at me Gerry has his right arm in a Judo arm Lock up and then I hear a series of small cracks followed by a slightly delayed but very loud scream filled with pain. Said genius' right arm is hanging limp from the shoulder as the three of us Gide him out the door to 51st. Street and the cold night air...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 03-04-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #36
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1335 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:

btw, i like virgina's law better in this instance. makes MUCH more sense! you should be able to carry in bar, but not drink when carrying. makes much more sense imo.

thanks for your info, sir.
This drove me CRAZY when I had a boss who was a consummate alcoholic and always wanted me to meet him in a bar. I had to drive there and back, so no alcohol for me, but I had to go into this den of drunken idiots (he hung out in dive bars with power drinkers and lifetime alcoholics like himself) unarmed! I wish the legislature in these states would realize there are people that have business in bars and don't drink! Ohio finally got it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlock45 View Post
I don't drink, or go to bars. On the other hand, I do feel bad for those of you who do. When your state prevents from CCW in bars or restaurants that derive 51% of their business from alcohol consumption on premises.
Here in PA, we have no bar/restaurant carry restrictions at all. We believe common sense should prevail, and if you are going to drink and carry, then please do so responsibly.
If you are going to get plastered, then leave your gun locked up in your trunk, or leave it at home, since you shouldn't be driving drunk either..lol YMMV

As always, stay safe.
Fully agree. Most people can handle one drink without losing their judgement, but ask yourself: if a guy had to make a judgement call and was pointing a gun at you, what Blood Alcohol Content would you want him to have? Therefore, I stay at .00 while armed.

Quote:
Good bit of fun? This is the time to make money! My drink of choice was Diet Coke, but I looked for the drunkest guy that could stand and then insulted his pool-playing skills or got a friendly game of liar's dice going. I figure it's already called "Liar's Dice" so players be warned! I don't think I ever left a business meeting with my boss without a little extra gas money in my pocket from fleecing those who were overly impaired. If you lose control, be prepared to lose your money.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 03-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #37
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9359 Times on 4035 Posts
Likes Given: 1471

"If he, being young and unskillful,
plays for shekels of silver and gold-
Take his money, my son, praising Allah-
The fool was made to be sold"

Thank you, Mr. Kipling.....

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 776 Times on 517 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Shoot one of the sites I worked (armed uniformed security) at in Austin Texas off of riverside drive(a small tejano bar that would have been more suited to Nuevo Laredo) I saw damn near more combat than when I was in Iraq. I had at least 1 poss of a controlled substance arrest every night there. 1 guy got out of county and found out his wife was working there as basically a juicy girl and proceeded to come smash her face in. He elbowed one of my guards in the head so I gave him a Binaca blast of oc in the mouth which took the fight straight outta him also every single time I had to deploy my taser was at this one site and it's the only place I have ever had to use my baton at as well it was a crazy place to work to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.