Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   51 percent (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/51-percent-104662/)

hawkguy 03-02-2014 01:43 PM

51 percent

51% sign.

don't see them in liquor stores? are they only posted if people are consuming liquor on the premises? (basically a bar).

that makes sense, but i thought it was any establishment that get more than 50% revenue from liquor? :confused:

thanks for taking the time to answer this simple question. it seems missing the 51% sign is where you can get in REAL trouble.

c3shooter 03-02-2014 02:49 PM

You DO know that is a Texas sign? yes, means consumed on premises. A restaurant that serves wine will be OK- a bar that has hotdogs and chips, no.

Here is VA it does not matter, so long as you are not drinking.

You also have the 30-06 sign, meaning owner of the property has opted out of concealed carry on their premises.

danf_fl 03-02-2014 04:07 PM

Only in Texas do you have something like that.

How did the saying go?

"Here's your sign."

hawkguy 03-02-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1520196)
You DO know that is a Texas sign? yes, means consumed on premises. A restaurant that serves wine will be OK- a bar that has hotdogs and chips, no.

Here is VA it does not matter, so long as you are not drinking.

You also have the 30-06 sign, meaning owner of the property has opted out of concealed carry on their premises.

actually, no...thanks for telling me. i ASSumed ;) because they claim it is a "federal offense" to carry in a 51% establishment? how can it be a "federal offense" and only related to texas law? meh....a lawyer i ain't, more research is in order i think. upon thinking about it, i did read about that on the texas alcohol and beverage com.....ok...a big "duh" for me.

i knew the 30.06 was only texas, but they don't claim a federal offense on this one, only a trespass IF you refused to leave.

just gathering info, very new to the game.

btw, i like virgina's law better in this instance. makes MUCH more sense! you should be able to carry in bar, but not drink when carrying. makes much more sense imo.

thanks for your info, sir.

hawkguy 03-02-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1520231)
Only in Texas do you have something like that.

How did the saying go?

"Here's your sign."

alright alright....:D

i have had about enough disrespect to texas from posters who live in insignificant states....

then again, not need to fight back really....because you live in insignificant states! :p

continue, gentlemen. i understand the basic psychology of inferiority complexes. :D

Rick1967 03-02-2014 04:32 PM

That is big talk coming from a guy that lives in a state where open carry is illegal.:p

DrFootball 03-02-2014 04:43 PM

I have no Gripe with TX. I was Sta. at Ft. Hood(8/80-1/82) for almost a year and a half..But for me, as far as "Base Life" goes, I liked Ft. Campbell much better...(1/82-12/84)...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Mercator 03-02-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy (Post 1520247)
alright alright....:D

i have had about enough disrespect to texas from posters who live in insignificant states....

then again, not need to fight back really....because you live in insignificant states! :p

continue, gentlemen. i understand the basic psychology of inferiority complexes. :D

Most states have arcane liquor laws. In Indiana, no CCW in the wet bar area, but ok in the rest of the restaurant. Draw a mental line of demarcation... Most have a symbolic barrier though.

My favorite is, only a liquor store can sell cold beer.

c3shooter 03-02-2014 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The sign does not say Federal offense- says Felony.

Attachment 137853

Now play nice, or we will cut Alaska into 3 parts, and make Texas the 4th largest state....

:p

FrontierTCB 03-02-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercator (Post 1520269)
Most states have arcane liquor laws. In Indiana, no CCW in the wet bar area, but ok in the rest of the restaurant. Draw a mental line of demarcation... Most have a symbolic barrier though.

My favorite is, only a liquor store can sell cold beer.

Lol yea, gas stations can sell beer but only warm and no alcohol on Sunday unless you go to a restaurant where you are free to get s--faced. Makes perfect sense!! ?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk