Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > .40 vs. 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

In my opinion shot placement is more important than caliber. That being said, I don’t carry smaller than .40 unless its a second gun.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #22

My main carry gun is a 9mm, however sometimes when I need something more concielable and smaller I carry a tiny .380. I also have a .45 that a rarely carry. 9mm will most definatly do the job with a good hit and a quality HP. In a gun fight, I dont care how accurate you are at the range, your accuracy will go to sh*t in a gun fight, I would rather have the more rounds a 9mm mag will hold for chances of hitting them, vs. the larger calliber that will only slighty wound them more.

Nut up or Shut up!

Old 02-11-2011, 01:53 AM   #23
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

My opinion.....I carry all sorts of calibers. I mainly carry my Glock 19 9mm with Hornady critical defense ammo.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:54 AM   #24

Don't take this the wrong way but this question, and others like it....380 vs 9mm....45 vs .50...has been done to death, they are so last year. And every time we only learn one thing, that every one has an opinion on way or another.

The simple fact remains that on one here can answer the question, other than to say, go to your local range, try out a few guns, different styles, different calibers, and find what works for you.

Me personally, I love the stopping power of the 40 cal, but the simple fact remains that I can put more rounds on target, faster, with a 9mm. But that is me.