Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > 380 for my girlfriend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113

I guess I got a good one I've got several thousand rounds through mine without any problems.
There's always a lemon. Unfortunately I got it. Glad you aren't having troubles.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #12

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

bring her to the gun shop and let he rpick out what she gravitates towards. That's what my wife and I did. I'd schooled her on all her options and explained tnos of stuff, and as sono as she got to the shop, she tried a couple semis I'd earmarked for her. She hated them. She doesn't like the mechanics of a semi, so she started trying revolvers. She's far more confident with the revolver she bought, and is actually willing to shoot it, as opposed to the semis which would have rotted in the safe or turned into my BUG.
The gun your g/f hates is the gun she won't use. A gun you won't use is a dandy paperweight .

Old 12-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #13

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino View Post
bring her to the gun shop and let he rpick out what she gravitates towards. That's what my wife and I did. I'd schooled her on all her options and explained tnos of stuff, and as sono as she got to the shop, she tried a couple semis I'd earmarked for her. She hated them. She doesn't like the mechanics of a semi, so she started trying revolvers. She's far more confident with the revolver she bought, and is actually willing to shoot it, as opposed to the semis which would have rotted in the safe or turned into my BUG.
The gun your g/f hates is the gun she won't use. A gun you won't use is a dandy paperweight .
This, my wife and I did this and she walks out with a j-frame wheel gun, yea it's more expensive but it's a much *better* gun

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.