.380 HP, What's the point? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > .380 HP, What's the point?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluznar
First of all a bad guy is not going to ignore or dismiss any gun you pull. Bad guys do not want to get shot any more than you do. Besides if you draw you should be shooting before he has a chance to think much. Remember, we are not having a gunfight at 12 paces in the street like Wyatt Earp did. The bad guy will not be ready for your gun or know when it is coming.
Logically your point makes sense!! Not sure if I could trust the logic of a person trying to do me harm for no good reason!! Crazy and or high is a safe assessment for the majority of all "bad guys" never assume or trust the actions or the thoughts of crazy or drug induced people!!

Old 07-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #62

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts

There are excellent .380 defensive ammo's available now which enable the .380 to be a very good CCW. Plus look at the excellent .380 guns available: Bersa Thunder .380, Ruger LC380, Walther .380 etc. I have faith in the .380 loaded with good ammo.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #63

Quote:
There are excellent .380 defensive ammo's available now which enable the .380 to be a very good CCW. Plus look at the excellent .380 guns available: Bersa Thunder .380, Ruger LC380, Walther .380 etc. I have faith in the .380 loaded with good ammo.
Great guns!! They are still a 380 caliber no matter what package you put around them! Effective if shot placement is good!! Unlike bigger calibers with more horsepower for knockdown power!! Practice regularly with 380s if you choose to carry one!!

Old 07-05-2013, 05:55 AM   #64

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

Ok I'm a 380 fan!! I carry one on hot summer days!! But it can't compare to a 45 round or a 357!! And I've shot plenty of tame 45s with very little recoil, but have the size to absorb the energy!! People carry 380s for the size not for the ideal power!! I carry a sub 9 or a very small 380, both are pretty testy with recoil because of there small size and weight!! HD I want a magnum for knock Down power!! You hit someone with a 357 or a 44 or a 45 your most likely will put them on the ground no matter where you hit!! That's not necessarily true with a 380! And if there on the ground you should have the needed time for follow up shots!! Give me 2 rounds of 45 or 357 against 6 rounds of 380 power and I will win 8 out of 10 gun fights!! And I'm just an average shooter!! But I love 380, great conceal gun!! However, I've never found a use or a need for a full size 380!! Still scratch my head when I see people buying an oversized, underpowered guns- but you are correct about center mass!! I'm strictly talking about shots that are off the kill areas, probably about 75 percent of the body or more!!
So you think mossberg 715t are oversized and underpowered please tell me you're joking

Old 07-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #65

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13

So you think mossberg 715t are oversized and underpowered please tell me you're joking
This thread is about 380 handguns lol

Old 07-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #66
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1328 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 608

Quote:
First of all a bad guy is not going to ignore or dismiss any gun you pull. Bad guys do not want to get shot any more than you do. Besides if you draw you should be shooting before he has a chance to think much. Remember, we are not having a gunfight at 12 paces in the street like Wyatt Earp did. The bad guy will not be ready for your gun or know when it is coming.
I'll add one caveat to your statement, cluznar: having dealt with convicted felons before, I can say with confidence that they will ignore any gun that they don't believe the one holding it will fire. Never carry a gun only as a threat with the mindset that you should never have to pull the trigger. The hardcore serious BGs will take it away from you and kill you with your own gun. Any situation you can diffuse without a shot is great, but always be ready to drop the hammer if necessary.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 07-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg

I'll add one caveat to your statement, cluznar: having dealt with convicted felons before, I can say with confidence that they will ignore any gun that they don't believe the one holding it will fire. Never carry a gun only as a threat with the mindset that you should never have to pull the trigger. The hardcore serious BGs will take it away from you and kill you with your own gun. Any situation you can diffuse without a shot is great, but always be ready to drop the hammer if necessary.
A fool that trust crazy(BG) in action, thought or deed is begging for a premature death!!

Old 07-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #68
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1328 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 608

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

A fool that trust crazy(BG) in action, thought or deed is begging for a premature death!!
LOL! Very true!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 07-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13

I think I would never buy that weapon in the first place!! A fool that buys that for practical purposes, just loves throwing money away!! I could think of 4,645 weapons I would rather own, and just off the top of my head!!

Old 07-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #70

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts

A bad guy should not even have to question whether you will shoot, because the first round should already be coming at him. I doubt there is a more popular caliber for carry than the .380. Though I feel for a small pocket gun the .32 acp is better being easier to control, thus allowing follow up shots better.