100% Stupid with a capital F - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > 100% Stupid with a capital F

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
You are a genius! Lying to an LEO isn't the best option, but I still think your idea is inspired.
Well, if immediately after an encounter with LEO he does in fact go and put some holes in some paper it ain't exactly lying.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #32
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1357 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

I used to think Iowa was gun-friendly. Guess I thunk wrong.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #33

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Following the Sheriff's logic all the town deputies should be disarmed as well...then there would be absolutely no crime, the department could be disbanded and the taxpayers would save some money...make sense?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #34

Liked 12 Times on 6 Posts

Hello everyone....new to this site.
The way that Iowa Law is NOW (until January 1st) each county sheriff is the sole authority on whether or not you can get a CCW permit (may issue). Since there are 99 counties, you have 99 different authorities and their interpretation of what the law reads. After the first of the year, the state is the sole authority (shall issue) and unless you are disqualified from being able to carry, the sheriff WILL issue a permit. It takes the sheriff's personal thoughts out of the picture...........Hope that helps a little.

Semper Fi

Old 12-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #35

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCjtm View Post
Hello everyone....new to this site.
The way that Iowa Law is NOW (until January 1st) each county sheriff is the sole authority on whether or not you can get a CCW permit (may issue). Since there are 99 counties, you have 99 different authorities and their interpretation of what the law reads. After the first of the year, the state is the sole authority (shall issue) and unless you are disqualified from being able to carry, the sheriff WILL issue a permit. It takes the sheriff's personal thoughts out of the picture...........Hope that helps a little.

Semper Fi
Since you seem to be knowledgeable, I've also seen hints that after Jan 1 Iowa will also respect CCW permits issued in other states, but I haven't seen any real confirmation and the states (Iowa's) website doesn't make it easy to find either. So my question is do you have a link to the text of the new law by any chance?

Thanks

Old 12-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
Since you seem to be knowledgeable, I've also seen hints that after Jan 1 Iowa will also respect CCW permits issued in other states, but I haven't seen any real confirmation and the states (Iowa's) website doesn't make it easy to find either. So my question is do you have a link to the text of the new law by any chance?

Thanks
I believe you can find it at
Iowa CCW Concealed Carry Hand Gun Legal Info

My information came from an instructor/friend of mine. Hope that helps.

Semper Fi

Old 12-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #37
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2132 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 770

Quote:

Thanks
As far as I know, there is no reciprocity at this time. That will be a task for the new legislature.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 12-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #38

Quote:

Thanks
Well I tried to send out a link, but I guess it wasn't approved........Try searching " Iowa CCW Laws"

Semper Fi

Old 12-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
As far as I know, there is no reciprocity at this time. That will be a task for the new legislature.
There will be eleven states that honor Iowa's permit. I don't know all of them, but I do know that Mo.,Ar.,Ok.,and Tx. are on the list....but not Ks.(I go to Texas to visit family) Mn. and ND., don't honor Iowa either.

Semper Fi

Old 12-21-2010, 01:30 AM   #40

SD honors all states permits -- including Iowa.
I believe in 2011, Iowa will also honor CC permits from all states.
Check out iowacarry.org. Or, also http://www.iowafirearmscoalition.com/download/Iowa%20Code%20Section%20724-Effective%201-1-11.pdf
Section 724.11A seems to address this.

hope this helps.

Last edited by tom777; 12-21-2010 at 02:09 AM.