100% Stupid with a capital F - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > 100% Stupid with a capital F

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #21
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2323 Times on 1252 Posts
Likes Given: 841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Just curious, how is your DD214 even relavant to the process? The background check is either clear or it is not. Even if it were an initial application, I fail to see why they would need it.
At least here in Iowa, proof of military service exempts one from taking the CC class before obtaining the permit. That is in January it will suffice when the law changes.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 10-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #22

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Does this mean you could only carry while hunting, trapping, or target shooting?

Or could you just lie to get the permit, and then carry anytime for any reason?

Just wondering. I'm not suggesting you admit to false statements to a law enforcement agency...God forbid!

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 10-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3082 Times on 1544 Posts
Likes Given: 377

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
At least here in Iowa, proof of military service exempts one from taking the CC class before obtaining the permit. That is in January it will suffice when the law changes.
Interesting. I was in the USAF for 21 years. I was a bomb/missile loader. In no way did that give me a baseline of experience where I would have been considered competant to carry concealed. My time in the USAF cost me firearms knowledge rather than adding to it. If Iowa is going to reward service in this way, however, more power to them.
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Old 10-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

This Sheriff doesn't have a clue. But, what's new? Napolitano is the head of DHS!

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 10-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #25
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2323 Times on 1252 Posts
Likes Given: 841

Quote:
Interesting. I was in the USAF for 21 years. I was a bomb/missile loader. In no way did that give me a baseline of experience where I would have been considered competant to carry concealed. My time in the USAF cost me firearms knowledge rather than adding to it. If Iowa is going to reward service in this way, however, more power to them.
There's a lot of people here thinking the exact same thing.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 10-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #26

That's amusing all these people having to take classes to get their permit. 2 days after I turned 21 I walked into the county sheriff's office, paid $50, filled out some paperwork, showed an ID and all 10 fingerprints, and went home. 10 business days later I had my non laminated permit with no photograph on it saying I could carry a concealed weapon!

Old 10-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #27

Default Grumbled

Quote:
Just curious, how is your DD214 even relavant to the process? The background check is either clear or it is not. Even if it were an initial application, I fail to see why they would need it.
Sir; it appears! another way of trying to dening our rights. My permit; I have had for 5yrs. I passed??? the mess then; and did ''grumble''; to deaf ears.

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 10-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #28

Liked 780 Times on 418 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
Does this mean you could only carry while hunting, trapping, or target shooting?

Or could you just lie to get the permit, and then carry anytime for any reason?
Yep. Only carry while hunting, trapping, and at the target range. It does however permit CC to and from hunting, trapping, and target shooting ranges. There are target ranges in all directions so I am keeping an extra box of amo and some targets in both trucks. In the event that it becomes an issue, I'm target shooting.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 10-20-2010, 02:14 AM   #29

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
Yep. Only carry while hunting, trapping, and at the target range. It does however permit CC to and from hunting, trapping, and target shooting ranges. There are target ranges in all directions so I am keeping an extra box of amo and some targets in both trucks. In the event that it becomes an issue, I'm target shooting.
You are a genius! Lying to an LEO isn't the best option, but I still think your idea is inspired.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 12-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #30

Liked 12 Times on 6 Posts

Sounds like Chickasaw County.