100% Stupid with a capital F - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > 100% Stupid with a capital F

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Reapply in a month or so and put down you want it for hunting, target shooting and collecting. It is a stupid policy and that sheriff should be ousted !
As Clint Eastwood said in A Fistful of Dollars, "You Need A New Sheriff in This Town !"

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 10-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #12

Sorry to hear about your situation. Is it legal in Iowa to apply for a CCW in a county neighboring yours? The county I live in (Cuyahoga) is also lame when issuing CCW permits. They take as long as legally possible (3-4 months) to issue your permit, and if you live within the city limits of Cleveland you have to register each individual weapon with the local PD. I applied in neighboring Lake county on a Friday and had my permit in hand by the following Friday.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #13

Default Mecklenburg county; NC

along with stupid;
I now have to produce my DD214 papers from discharge; about 40 yrs ago. darn, I cannot remember that long ago.

This is to apply for ''re-newal" to my CC permit.

hmmm; I was good enough when "I" jumped through the "hoops" the first time; now ''back'' to 'hoop'la

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 10-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #14
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 775

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
The law changes Iowa to a shall issue state in January which was brought on by tards like this.
I just can’t seem to fathom the mindset of anyone that thinks restricting the legal citizen’s right to carry for protection against the illegal citizen that would never even apply for a permit, makes any area safer.
I just can’t figure that train of thought out.
Hadn't noticed you were from Iowa before. What parts? I'm over in Davenport on the Mississippi.

Sounds like your sheriff is a little ticked that the law changed and wants to throw his weight around as long as possible. Not the kind of guy you want to have in office.

I don't plan on filing for my CCW until January anyway. If you file now and are "awarded", you'll have to re-certify next year under the new law. If you file in January, it's good for 5 years. At least that's my understanding of how it works.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Last edited by ScottA; 10-07-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1885 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 2128

Default Bird songs....

Once apon a time there was a song I Shot The Sherrif ........

Old 10-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #16

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Hadn't noticed you were from Iowa before. What parts? I'm over in Davenport on the Mississippi.

Sounds like your sheriff is a little ticked that the law changed and wants to throw his weight around as long as possible. Not the kind of guy you want to have in office.

I don't plan on filing for my CCW until January anyway. If you file now and are "awarded", you'll have to re-certify next year under the new law. If you file in January, it's good for 5 years. At least that's my understanding of how it works.
I'm up in the Cedar Falls area but I run through Davenport on my trips back to visit family.

I took the class a few weeks ago and the instructor said that if you take the class now that you will not have to retake the class. All of the folks that got it a few months ago would have to retake the class but won’t have to do the rang qualifying at the end of the class.

I’ll be at the sheriff’s department on January 1st to my card renewed.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 10-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #17

Liked 921 Times on 489 Posts
Likes Given: 673

Here in Ky. we have no problems getting CCW as it goes thru our are state police. Good record CCW issued. Owning a fully automatic weapon goes thru the local police though.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:29 AM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

CT varies from town to town. Some towns have different requirements such as 3 letters of recommendation or a written statement on why you want your CCW or even a meeting with the chief of police of resident state trooper. Luckily I am from a small town so mine was seamless. Others in my town have had their permits held til the very last day they could be sent for processing. 8 weeks. I know at least 2 people who called and had to threaten action with the department of public safety to get their permits through. Gotta love it!

Old 10-09-2010, 02:31 AM   #19

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
CT varies from town to town. Some towns have different requirements such as 3 letters of recommendation or a written statement on why you want your CCW or even a meeting with the chief of police of resident state trooper. Luckily I am from a small town so mine was seamless. Others in my town have had their permits held til the very last day they could be sent for processing. 8 weeks. I know at least 2 people who called and had to threaten action with the department of public safety to get their permits through. Gotta love it!

Damn. I thought my area was bad. That is just stupidly inconsistent stupid.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 10-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2838 Times on 1409 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte1 View Post
along with stupid;
I now have to produce my DD214 papers from discharge; about 40 yrs ago. darn, I cannot remember that long ago.

This is to apply for ''re-newal" to my CC permit.

hmmm; I was good enough when "I" jumped through the "hoops" the first time; now ''back'' to 'hoop'la
Just curious, how is your DD214 even relavant to the process? The background check is either clear or it is not. Even if it were an initial application, I fail to see why they would need it.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld