Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > 100% Stupid with a capital F

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 670 Times on 357 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Default 100% Stupid with a capital F

I took the test for the CCP, passed, and went to drop off the paperwork at the cop-shop today. The county sheriff here only approves it for hunting, trapping, and target shooting. I asked the deputy at the counter what the mindset behind that was. He says “Well he does this to reduce crime in the area. It‘s worked pretty well so there‘s no arguing the success.”

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-06-2010, 01:28 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5316 Times on 2775 Posts
Likes Given: 335

time for a new sherriff. if he is that stupid he has no business in law enforcement.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:48 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
I took the test for the CCP, passed, and went to drop off the paperwork at the cop-shop today. The county sheriff here only approves it for hunting, trapping, and target shooting. I asked the deputy at the counter what the mindset behind that was. He says “Well he does this to reduce crime in the area. It‘s worked pretty well so there‘s no arguing the success.”
That's enough to pi$$ of the pope!

Old 10-06-2010, 02:04 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Ignorance can be overwhelming at times. I'm sorry for your frustration.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-06-2010, 02:16 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Vote that guy out ASAP.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-06-2010, 02:23 AM   #6

That's just plain dumb. I own and carry guns to protect myself and my family from bad people who intend to do bad things to myself or someone close to me. No other reason at all. I strongly believe that if every thug on the street thought we Americans all have guns in our house and on our person to protect ourselves against dirt bags like them they might not attempt to attack as many people. These hoods know a Law Enforcement Officer would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt they had no other choice but to shoot. I on the other hand would just have to walk into a court looking feeble and scared saying I'm an old man who feared my life against four 20 year old men. I had no choice but to shoot their gold teeth right out of their head and my exit wound in the back of their head got blood on their blue bandana and I'm truly sorry. I was so scared I didn't realize I shot them six times as they were running away with their pants falling down their underpants. These animals only know one lifestyle, FEAR.

Where is that Sheriff located? He should take a field trip and work one year in Chicago or Brooklyn and see if he feels the same way after doing his time wearing a badge in the jungle. Dumb, just dumb.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:57 AM   #7

Liked 1038 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 319

Well, we have never had an armed robbery at the shooting range and they don't allow concealed carry, so clearly if we ban concealed carry everywhere we will have no gun crime.....

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 10-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #8

I think Ron White "hit the nail on the head","There ain't no cure for stupid".
..Have you considered moving to the REAL--United States of America where the Right To Bear Arms is observed ? Here in the "Land Of The Free",NEVADA,
we have a "shall issue" clause in our statutes. Darn near every sole has a CCW and is armed on a daily basis.
Like they say on the ol' Price Is Right show,"COM'on Down " !(to Nevada,that is !)

Old 10-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #9

Liked 670 Times on 357 Posts
Likes Given: 46

The law changes Iowa to a shall issue state in January which was brought on by tards like this.
I just can’t seem to fathom the mindset of anyone that thinks restricting the legal citizen’s right to carry for protection against the illegal citizen that would never even apply for a permit, makes any area safer.
I just can’t figure that train of thought out.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 10-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #10

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

In the liberal (stupid) view - the guns themselves cause violence and crime - not the bad guys using them. Be thankful your state went shall issue as you'll have it better than some folks that can't get a permit at all...