Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > 10/22 for home defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 01:50 AM   #41
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7739 Times on 4470 Posts
Likes Given: 9983

""Knockdown" is an amateur term that has no real meaning. No hand held, or shoulder fired, conventional firearm has the power to knock anyone down."

That is exactly why I put the word "knockdown" in quotes. It is an "amateur term" but I believe the term is well understood by this community.

"The .22 Lr does not penetrate more than buckshot." Perhaps not, I haven't done any testing on it and I never made that claim. I will, however, say that the multiple pellets of 00 buckshot in one shell will have a greater effect on the target than a single .22 bullet regardless of their individual penetration.

"I imagine it hurts quite a bit more than getting hit by a 5 year old!" I imagine getting shot by dang near anything hurts more than that, but I meant it to be an obvious exaggeration not a direct analog. Sorry you didn't get it.

"Racking a shotgun slide can give away your position." Perhaps so, but in my experience the bad guys wet their pants and run. Middle of the night and two bad guys are trying to burgle my farm. When I racked the shotgun both of them jumped about three feet in the air (no joke) one of them ran off the side of the road into an Oak tree, breaking his nose and knocking him out cold. His partner turned and ran down the road with his tail on fire. I never fired a shot but eliminated the threat. I certainly did give away my position, but it made no difference.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:32 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Ok, this thread has turned into a peeing contest and some of the pee will never hit the ground. I say flush it.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!