Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Woman fights off two home invaders, 03/22/13

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 326 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Default Woman fights off two home invaders, 03/22/13

Woman fights off two home invaders, 03/22/13

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2589 Times on 1361 Posts
Likes Given: 200

You go girl! Another happy ending. I'll bet this one does not get a moment's notice on the Communist News Network.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
You go girl! Another happy ending. I'll bet this one does not get a moment's notice on the Communist News Network.
I hate CNN so much. Piers morgan is an IDIOT

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #4

Liked 194 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Great ending to the story.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #5

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I don't think it was a "home invasion." It was just a burglary and she was home when she wasn't supposed to be as they point out. We, especially, need to keep things honest. So much for a website that says they are the #1 source for TRUTH.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock View Post
I don't think it was a "home invasion." It was just a burglary and she was home when she wasn't supposed to be as they point out. We, especially, need to keep things honest. So much for a website that says they are the #1 source for TRUTH.
She was home sick, they forced their way in. So I mean it is a home invasion. The source is from the NRAILA. It seems you are defending these criminals or have not fully understood the article. She wasn't playing hooky from work.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:31 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6027 Times on 3300 Posts
Likes Given: 11516

It was a home invasion because the home was occupied. This condensed article does not give any details about the break in. It could have been a sudden burst through the door. Or it might have taken several seconds or even minutes to gain entry.

If someone bursts into a home and the occupant has a reasonable fear of eminent peril, defense is justified.

If it takes time to gain entry, the occupant should make an attempt to dissuade the intruder. If the intrusion persists and the home is breached and the occupant has a reasonable fear of eminent peril, defense is justified.

It may be legal, but it's just not righteous to know an invasion is occurring and lay in wait to ambush the intruder in justifiable defense. Even if I were alone in the house, if I heard or saw someone trying to break in, I would scream "WE have guns!" It lets them know the home is occupied and gives the illusion of multiple defenders. After that, it's his decision whether or not we're in the paper tomorrow.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:12 AM   #8

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm

image-3881110888.jpg

But no happy ending fo you!!

Old 03-27-2013, 02:27 AM   #9

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

A home invasion is not breaking into a home. Not necessarily even if there is someone home. A home invasion is with malice aforethought for the occupants known to be in the dwelling by particularly aggressive and brazen perpetrators. They are very rare (about 8,000/yr.) and particularly disturbing.

Sorry. This was just a B&E turned bad for the criminals who didn't expect the home-sick-from-work woman to be there. And then the author took "poetic license" to exaggerate the situation. They were never even looking for her. Maybe she coulda called the police from the other room by the way?

Please read the story carefully.

PS: Mr. McCool, I would consider any peril as eminent if it is imminent.

Last edited by MattShlock; 03-27-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:31 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6027 Times on 3300 Posts
Likes Given: 11516

We really don't know if she alerted them of her presence.