Woah!!! Positive news on cbs!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Woah!!! Positive news on cbs!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Default Woah!!! Positive news on cbs!!!

let me paraphrase the story...

"despite a steady rise in gun sales in California since 2002, gun crimes are down"

and

"police credit the drop in a crackdown against gang violence where 50% of all shootings are gang related"

hmm... wow. Never thought I'd hear a story in the media "accidentally" say that guns are good. --in the same story they tried to say that gun sales are horrible and that the police do not like hearing about an increase in gun sales because they have to face the guns on the street, and mentioned a gun buyback program that "works" but unfortunatly what one police department "buys back" in a year is equal to guns sales statewide in one day

--looking for a link now....it was on the broadcast on TV

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #2

here's a link to a similar story.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/california-gun-sales-up-gun-violence-down/

Old 01-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Although another article is trying to atributte the decrease in gun violence to their restrictive gun laws. It makes it look like both sides are trying to take credit for a positive outcome.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #4

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Just saw this on CBS Up To The Minute. Reporter says a 36% increase in gun sales over 2011, 675K versus 815K(I think). From 2002-2012 a 28% drop in gunshots admitted to the hospitals and a 15% drop in firearm related crime.
Then it gets real "good". They interview the dummy chief of LA police. He says the crime drop is bc of the massive gang crackdown and they are responsible for over 50% of crime. He says he doesn't like it and it worries him about the increase in LEGAL gun sales. His reasoning: "Because my officers have to face these guns in the streets." He says buy backs are helping, but not enough bc the amount collected in one week is how many guns are sold in Kali in one day. What a piece of hot stinking human sh!t. So....there is a drop in crime bc of the gang crackdown. Where is the increase from all the additional guns on the street? He also said there is a lot of unwanted/unneeded "excess" guns people own that get funneled to the criminal element. I don't think this concubine of Diane Frankenstein could pass a GED test!

Old 01-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 112 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
....They interview the dummy chief of LA police. He says the crime drop is bc of the massive gang crackdown and they are responsible for over 50% of crime. He says he doesn't like it and it worries him about the increase in LEGAL gun sales. His reasoning: "Because my officers have to face these guns in the streets."....
What?!? His officers have to face legally purchased firearms in the streets? Since when? And where's the data to support that poppycock?

What a wanker

Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #6

Right, the police chief they interviewed TRIED to put a negative spin on the story, and I'm sure some mindless lemmings out there bought into it, "gee, the police chief said on TV that his officers are facing these legally purchased firearms on the street, so guns are still bad"

but I was able to see that they still made 2 points that go against gun control laws without intending to.

the first one was the obvious 'gun sales are up, gun crimes are down' but the second point was that law abiding people are not causing gun crimes and that gun control laws that take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens won't fix anything, when the putz of a chief said "50% of gun crime is gang related" I just wish he had gone on to say what percentage of gun crimes are conducted by individuals who have a prior criminal history and are not able to legally buy a firearm.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Feinkenstien's boytoy

Freedom comes from those who fought for it
USMC, NRA, IDPA-SO, GOA

Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1269 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

And rumor has it that Princess Diane Fine-stein is herself a gun owner/gun toter. But that's part of the self-appointed royalty wanting priviledges the rest of us don't have...

Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #9

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Police also worry about job security. Do really think a Police offical making $250,000 a year and a meg retirement while he is still young is going to say there is no danger?
The armed citizen and drops in the crime rates scares these civil servants. When the best you can come up with is a gun buy back at a super market parking lot? That is what millions of dollars for police Departments has bought?

Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1269 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Yeh, I'm sure the "chief" is citing proven stats - 50% of blah blah blah...

And 95% of all statistics are made up on the spur of the moment, including this one.