Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Walmart Hostage: Toddler Saved After Knife-Wielding Man Gunned Down

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Default Walmart Hostage: Toddler Saved After Knife-Wielding Man Gunned Down

Nice work by the officer.

http://www.webpronews.com/walmart-hostage-toddler-saved-after-knife-wielding-man-gunned-down-2013-07

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #2

Liked 2368 Times on 1382 Posts
Likes Given: 1505

sheesh! that story could have been much worse. this is scene is a freaking "worst nightmare" scenario for all parents.

thank god that baby girl was unharmed. quick thinking and heroic action on the part of the officer, who made a tough choice in a very dangerous situation.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2220 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1140

Yes indeed it was!
God Bless the little girl her family and the officer. He did not hesitate he just acted! There are Heroes amongst us but he was only doing what he took an oath to do! Great Job!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 07-01-2013 at 11:56 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Score a big one for the good guys, and for keeping the BG calm it looks like up until that point too.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6076 Times on 3336 Posts
Likes Given: 11642

I wonder how far he got as he counted down from sixty. 60, 59, 58, fif ugh

Old 07-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2220 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1140

I agree Mr. Cool the number 58 would have been low enough for me! He already had his chance!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 07-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

Suicide by cop.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

As much as I appreciate what the cops did, it would have been more interesting if at the moment he grabbed her kid and he tried to hand her the phone she had stuck a pistol under his chin and pulled the trigger,.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 07-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1167 Times on 684 Posts
Likes Given: 1741

The major networks' news reports on this were pretty positive, too. None of the "tsk, tsk, when are they going to do something about the guns?" crap.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #10

Liked 2351 Times on 1529 Posts

Kudos to the reverend for sticking his neck out to help. This will probably end up being a national debate on how to handle the mentally ill, the headless knifeman was saying George bush was watching him, and had binders of religious writings about the illuminati in his apartment. I'm so glad the kid ended up fine, which is what matters the most.

Feral cat waterboarder

DFlynt Likes This