Veteran tells it like it is - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Veteran tells it like it is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2159 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Definitely PTSD for sure, time to remove his weapons FOOG...
Who are you to diagnose a man by watching a youtube video? I am honored to hunt with a Vietnam veteran who has PTSD. He has had a gun all his life. He has never threatened anyone. What is the difference in you diagnosing someone via youtube and a liberal who wants to take everyones guns? The man was willing to give his life for your right to own a gun. You want to take his away. Something is wrong with this picture.

Edit: WebleyFosbery38 I didn't see the sarcasm in your post. I humbly apologize. I left my post up because it is something that needs to be said to people who do want to strip our veterans of their rights. Personally, I would take any veteran with PTSD to the range just like Chris Kyle was doing when he lost his life. We owe our veterans who have served in combat at least that much.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 01-20-2014 at 05:55 PM.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 01-20-2014, 11:33 PM   #42

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Who are you to diagnose a man by watching a youtube video? I am honored to hunt with a Vietnam veteran who has PTSD. He has had a gun all his life. He has never threatened anyone. What is the difference in you diagnosing someone via youtube and a liberal who wants to take everyones guns? The man was willing to give his life for your right to own a gun. You want to take his away. Something is wrong with this picture.

Edit: WebleyFosbery38 I didn't see the sarcasm in your post. I humbly apologize. I left my post up because it is something that needs to be said to people who do want to strip our veterans of their rights. Personally, I would take any veteran with PTSD to the range just like Chris Kyle was doing when he lost his life. We owe our veterans who have served in combat at least that much.
Maybe we need the ability to apply "sarcasm" the way we quote another's post. It would show up with a green background "sarcasm to follow".

Quote:
sarcasm to follow
██████████████████████████████████
████████████ sarcasm here ████████████
██████████████████████████████████

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
People Like This 
Old 01-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 799 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
Maybe we need the ability to apply "sarcasm" the way we quote another's post. It would show up with a green background "sarcasm to follow".
Or maybe, just to be sure,we follow the sarcasm statement with s/off or s/o…warning all that the preceding statement was not to be taken literally. I’ve seen this used on other forums and it seems to work well.

ellis

Sometimes it seems like every day I’m older than I was the day before.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #44

Returning and current veterans that even mention PTSD are having their 2nd amendment rights being threatened in New Hampshire! The D@#ks at the state house is trying to pass a law stating that their psychiatrist has the right to notify NCIC if your a potential problem! Sb1589 basiclly states that everyone will need a back ground check if you want to try my gun at the range not without a check first! If I wanted to sell my gun to my uncle I have to go to a FFL and do a transfer!! I hope all of thst gets shot down not used to laws like that here! Example wait 14 days and $10 for CCW I can walk out of a LGS with a gun in 10-15 minutes things are getting worse for sure!

Maverick 88 security
AR 15 custom build

NRA and NAGR member

Old 02-15-2014, 05:13 AM   #45

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

A little background; the video was excerpted from hearings on the imposition of sweeping new gun laws held (in hoplophobia central ), Trenton, NJ. Hearings were deliberately scheduled mid-week . Despite - or perhaps because - every legislative stratagem to limit protest was employed hundreds of NJ gun owners - like this Vet - showed up with blood in their eyes ! Because of the dedication of Vets like this gentleman and other NJ gun owners the planned pro forma "public hearing" on new firearms legislation that would have criminalized most NJ gun owners blew up in the faces of the sponsors. Even the (decidedly left-leaning NJ media) was forced to report on the massive protest and excellent commentary coming from NJ residents of every age and political persuasion. >MW