Veteran tells it like it is - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media >

Veteran tells it like it is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #21
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8220 Times on 4234 Posts
Likes Given: 9466

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMan View Post
WTF you cant be serious my friend
Im very serious but my Olive Drab Green didnt show show up as the green "Sarcasm" I had intended, sorry.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #22

Liked 2056 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
well said WebFos.

our veterans have made sacrifices that most will never make in service to our country. they deserve so much more than they get in return for those sacrifices. and also, many made those sacrifices willingly. they wanted to serve our country. and most did so with honor and distinction. many paid with their blood on the battlefield. many died doing so.
Amen

I think the same should be said about law enforcement folks as well. Unlike the military, where you go into sometimes extreme 'harm's way' for a relatively short period of your life (for most of them), LEOs put their lives at risk, or at least potentially, every day for decades. Especially the 'big city' police forces. Same with fire fighters. These folks oftentimes go into situations the rest of us would walk (or run) away from. I salute anyone who puts their butt on the line to save ours!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Im very serious but my Olive Drab Green didnt show show up as the green "Sarcasm" I had intended, sorry.
that's why I asked about it as well, if the comment was not meant tongue in cheek then I was thinking very out of character for you
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 01-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #24
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1045 Times on 489 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
FOOG...
FOOG ?? I could use a little help here?

Old 01-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
FOOG ?? I could use a little help here?
For Our Own Good......................

in other words what the government thinks is best for us. not wanting us to make our own decisions.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
For Our Own Good......................

in other words what the government thinks is best for us. not wanting us to make our own decisions.
The govt can't think its way out of a wet paper bag.

"By the people, for the people" ? Not hardly!

More precise would be: "by the ruling class, for the corporations and special interest groups"
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #27
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
The govt can't think its way out of a wet paper bag.

"By the people, for the people" ? Not hardly!

More precise would be: "by the ruling class, for the corporations and special interest groups"
exactly! the last thing i need or want is someone making decisons for me that doesn't exactly have a very good track record of making very good decisions.

it's suppose to be, for the people, by the people and of the people.
not what it is now for sure.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Idiots inda white House..................

I had a cousin that was phucked up in the head before he was drafted and went to Nam, when he came back he was REALLY phucked up in the head. He has somewhat mellowed out over the years. He got into knife making and that was a great benefit to keep his mind working..............We need to see the rest of the story about the true war in Viet Nam............As for returning soldiers, it happens after every war. Just remember, we don't owe you a free credit card for life just because you were in the service...........Take care of those that survived, remember there are wars still to be fought and its the foot soldier that takes the brunt of the fighting.............Proud parent of a USM..................
Old 01-19-2014, 11:55 AM   #29
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8220 Times on 4234 Posts
Likes Given: 9466

There is a God and he speaks to us in strange ways. Last night, me and my wife checked the Dish for free movies (I rarely sit long enough to watch one but was feeling lazy). We happened on one called Stop-Loss bout the Military involuntarily extending Service Members past their ETS Dates after multiple deployments and keeping them in zone in Iraq and Afghanistan. That movie was made exactly for the conversation were having here!

I wont go through the whole thing, you need to watch this and see if you feel the same way after you did before you watched it. I know its a movie but Ive read too many confirmed situations that the "Story Line" Mimics nearly as well as Platoon, All Quiet on the Western Front, The Dearhunter and a couple other did so well!

It brings PTSD in Veterans Front and Center in the discussion, were forced to answer the question "Why would a highly decorated respected War Veteran Go AWOL along with those "Bad ones"?". No, they all dont end up in the Wounded Warrior project, get the best prosthetic devices and counseling money can by or live happily ever after once Hodje blows their extremities off or they watch their best friends head go flying 300' across the ville! Why should that be so hard to understand, war isnt a movie, it doesnt end after the credits run? Wounded Warrior is more than just the name of a really great organization. Its namesakes gave all and now were metering services and benefits to save $$$ for couch bound generals and Republicratic Biparts at the same time stripping them of god given rights as Americans!

You tell me what kind of Phucked up ungrateful Nation does that to its most precious resource, its patriots! I cried and my anger boiled up like it hasnt in a long time. I trained some of the guys we sent over there to get brainphucked and dismissed. Thats not the way of a truly grateful nation, just phucken sayin!
People Like This 
Old 01-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #30

Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Quote:
haha I didn't get it at first...