Veteran tells it like it is - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Veteran tells it like it is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 12:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
The feds fought that, they didnt want to have any responsibility for the Vietnam Vets when they got brain-phucked and tossed to the curb! Now its tossed around willy nilly like a diagnosis of depressed! Hell, everyone gets depressed, thats scary that they think sadness and normal response to trauma are now "Probable Cause" FOOG.

Funny part is PTSD didnt get much standing until Postpartum depression and Post Menopausal Trauma were glommed into it! If thats the case, there isnt a single Mother or Woman over 50 that should be allowed to have a firearm near them! No offense to my gently aged colleagues of the female persuasion here, thats the Governments idea not mine!

Personally, I think they may have it right about those post Menopausal Woman, What do you think Michelle would have done at that funeral in Africa if she had had a gun when BHO was taking Selfies with the pretty white lady????
are you saying the guy is crazy? I didn't get that at all...only passion in his conviction

Old 01-18-2014, 12:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Definitely PTSD for sure, time to remove his weapons FOOG...
WTF you cant be serious my friend

Old 01-18-2014, 12:29 AM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Definitely PTSD for sure, time to remove his weapons FOOG...
the green is duly noted!

Old 01-18-2014, 12:30 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 561 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 176

Quote:
I guess I missed the 'green font =sarcasm' memo.
You are not the only one.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:44 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2258 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 3528

Large numbers of Veterans with PTSD are not losing their Second Amendment rights. I know dozens of guys with PTSD and none have lost their gun rights. This willful lying and distortion of the facts is scaring young veterans away from the VA and treatment for their disabilities. A couple of young combat wounded vets i know refused to visit the VA for treatment because they would lose their gun rights: Some idiot on the web told them so. Bull$hit!!!

More lies and distortions debunked:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/v/va-test-permit.htm

http://ptsdcombat.blogspot.com/2007/10/are-ptsd-veterans-slated-to-lose-their.html

Quote:
Can PTSD make some individuals more prone to uncontrolled violence.?
i'm not sure anyone really knows. We do know that vets with PTSD seldom commit mass murder. Young wild eyed nutcases who never served are doing that. Great numbers of veterans do not murder folks. A veteran who is adjudicated a threat to himself and/or others should be reported to NICS: Same as non-vets. The same idiots at WND, Prison Planet and Examiner who make up these lies are opposed to reporting adjudicated dangerous nutcases to NICS: Go figure.

Last edited by alsaqr; 01-18-2014 at 12:47 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-18-2014, 12:50 AM   #16

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Folks the purpose of this post is what the guy said. PTSD or not

Old 01-18-2014, 12:51 AM   #17

just because someone served during combat and they have seen things and had to do things the normal citizen never will, and the come home with some issues, doesn't mean we need to keep them from owning guns.

my uncle served in Vietnam with the Navy on the rivers in patrol boats. i am pretty sure he saw some action there.

i would pay money to see someone tell him he wasn't allowed to own guns or that they were taking his away.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:01 AM   #18

Quote:
The feds fought that, they didnt want to have any responsibility for the Vietnam Vets when they got brain-phucked and tossed to the curb! Now its tossed around willy nilly like a diagnosis of depressed! Hell, everyone gets depressed, thats scary that they think sadness and normal response to trauma are now "Probable Cause" FOOG.

Funny part is PTSD didnt get much standing until Postpartum depression and Post Menopausal Trauma were glommed into it! If thats the case, there isnt a single Mother or Woman over 50 that should be allowed to have a firearm near them! No offense to my gently aged colleagues of the female persuasion here, thats the Governments idea not mine!

Personally, I think they may have it right about those post Menopausal Woman, What do you think Michelle would have done at that funeral in Africa if she had had a gun when BHO was taking Selfies with the pretty white lady????
Your being an dumb a$$

Old 01-18-2014, 01:16 AM   #19
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6944 Times on 3491 Posts
Likes Given: 7550

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMan View Post
Your being an dumb a$$
Obviously you didnt get my point. No PTSD doesn't necessarily mean someone is prone to violence, No I dont think that PTSD is rampant with Vets nor do I know that the person in the thread is safe or unsafe with a weapon. PTSD is a real diagnosis and it challenges many vets, Shell Shock isnt a myth, its a fact of life for many who experience things only a Vet ever would..

Vietnam vets were denied benefits for all too many years, more than a few of them have some serious issues to contend with, a few are good friends of mine and none of them deserve any less rights than any other American. I was joking sort of about the women actually being the ones to make PTSD real in the medical world even if their experiences that got them the diagnosis no where compare to that which a vet that still hears the bullets whizzing by their head even when they are thousands of miles and many years separated from their tormentors.

Its an afront to all the vet does to clasify them less than a citizen after weve taken more from them than anyone should ever ask! I may be a dumb ass but Im not wrong on this one....
Old 01-18-2014, 01:36 AM   #20

Quote:
Obviously you didnt get my point. No PTSD doesn't necessarily mean someone is prone to violence, No I dont think that PTSD is rampant with Vets nor do I know that the person in the thread is safe or unsafe with a weapon. PTSD is a real diagnosis and it challenges many vets, Shell Shock isnt a myth, its a fact of life for many who experience things only a Vet ever would..

Vietnam vets were denied benefits for all too many years, more than a few of them have some serious issues to contend with, a few are good friends of mine and none of them deserve any less rights than any other American. I was joking sort of about the women actually being the ones to make PTSD real in the medical world even if their experiences that got them the diagnosis no where compare to that which a vet that still hears the bullets whizzing by their head even when they are thousands of miles and many years separated from their tormentors.

Its an afront to all the vet does to clasify them less than a citizen after weve taken more from them than anyone should ever ask! I may be a dumb ass but Im not wrong on this one....
well said WebFos.

our veterans have made sacrifices that most will never make in service to our country. they deserve so much more than they get in return for those sacrifices. and also, many made those sacrifices willingly. they wanted to serve our country. and most did so with honor and distinction. many paid with their blood on the battlefield. many died doing so.