Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Vermont is gun friendly but with a low homicide rate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 622 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
It is simple a state trust its people or does not. It matters not where it is located. It is too bad gun owners only settle for half a freedom and think they are wining. Why not issue gun owners permits to travel in any of the states allowing concealed carry. Not just open carry in New York. Yes you have more freedom than most in that you can execute police officers without a trial I can not do that. I really don't want to.
NY does not allow open carry. It only has provisions for concealed. Again, the reason some States do not recognize other States permits changes from State to State, or Commonwealth. One reason Ma. does not recognize an NH permit is that there are so many handguns that do not meet Ma. requirements such as a 10 round limit or specific safety. As far as a LEO entering your home without legal authority, I don't think anyone wants to take a life, but it is no different then any other armed intruder. On one hand you want to carry in every State, on the other you use the word "execute" for shooting an unlawful entry. States have constitutions that are the States laws. That is just the way it is. It seems you just want it your way, not really reality. I offered you a chance to hunt the East, you came back w/ a "with what, a stick" comment. You are truly delusional and completely misinformed. Your mind is made up as to the way the nation is and what it should be to suit your purpose, again just delusional. Heres your sign!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

HankStone Likes This 
Old 05-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #22

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Thanks for your very interesting post concerning gun control issues.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #23

Liked 622 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Thanks for your very interesting post concerning gun control issues.
Your responses to posts brings them up daily. You always seem to forget where it starts, That would be with you dogging a State that does not require a concealed permit, Putting NY into the open carry class when I stated NH, Your just lost. You need to start reading posts twice before responding.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

HankStone Likes This 
Old 05-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #24

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Isn't open carry and full view a different animal of sorts?

I have a range/hunting handgun permit and have no need for a CCW at our farm,I'm no lawyer by any means,but I do carry holstered on our Family's 400 acres of land on my ATV,with so many laws I more or less do what I think is correct,along with I no longer know any of the mystery gun laws,I'm frozen in a John Wayne World scince say 5 years old old.

Last edited by HankStone; 05-19-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: ?????

Old 05-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #25

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Yes thanks again for your very in depth assessments of our mutual firearms freedom interest.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #26

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
NY does not allow open carry. It only has provisions for concealed. Again, the reason some States do not recognize other States permits changes from State to State, or Commonwealth. One reason Ma. does not recognize an NH permit is that there are so many handguns that do not meet Ma. requirements such as a 10 round limit or specific safety. As far as a LEO entering your home without legal authority, I don't think anyone wants to take a life, but it is no different then any other armed intruder. On one hand you want to carry in every State, on the other you use the word "execute" for shooting an unlawful entry. States have constitutions that are the States laws. That is just the way it is. It seems you just want it your way, not really reality. I offered you a chance to hunt the East, you came back w/ a "with what, a stick" comment. You are truly delusional and completely misinformed. Your mind is made up as to the way the nation is and what it should be to suit your purpose, again just delusional. Heres your sign!
Your one picture is worth a thousand words was a bit much!

Old 05-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #27

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
It is simple a state trust its people or does not. It matters not where it is located. It is too bad gun owners only settle for half a freedom and think they are wining. Why not issue gun owners permits to travel in any of the states allowing concealed carry. Not just open carry in New York. Yes you have more freedom than most in that you can execute police officers without a trial I can not do that. I really don't want to.
What are you trying to say I'm confused?