Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Vermont is gun friendly but with a low homicide rate

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,841
Liked 622 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
It is simple a state trust its people or does not. It matters not where it is located. It is too bad gun owners only settle for half a freedom and think they are wining. Why not issue gun owners permits to travel in any of the states allowing concealed carry. Not just open carry in New York. Yes you have more freedom than most in that you can execute police officers without a trial I can not do that. I really don't want to.
NY does not allow open carry. It only has provisions for concealed. Again, the reason some States do not recognize other States permits changes from State to State, or Commonwealth. One reason Ma. does not recognize an NH permit is that there are so many handguns that do not meet Ma. requirements such as a 10 round limit or specific safety. As far as a LEO entering your home without legal authority, I don't think anyone wants to take a life, but it is no different then any other armed intruder. On one hand you want to carry in every State, on the other you use the word "execute" for shooting an unlawful entry. States have constitutions that are the States laws. That is just the way it is. It seems you just want it your way, not really reality. I offered you a chance to hunt the East, you came back w/ a "with what, a stick" comment. You are truly delusional and completely misinformed. Your mind is made up as to the way the nation is and what it should be to suit your purpose, again just delusional. Heres your sign!
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
HankStone Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

Thanks for your very interesting post concerning gun control issues.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,841
Liked 622 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Thanks for your very interesting post concerning gun control issues.
Your responses to posts brings them up daily. You always seem to forget where it starts, That would be with you dogging a State that does not require a concealed permit, Putting NY into the open carry class when I stated NH, Your just lost. You need to start reading posts twice before responding.
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
HankStone Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Catskill,New York "State"
Posts: 491
Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Default

Isn't open carry and full view a different animal of sorts?

I have a range/hunting handgun permit and have no need for a CCW at our farm,I'm no lawyer by any means,but I do carry holstered on our Family's 400 acres of land on my ATV,with so many laws I more or less do what I think is correct,along with I no longer know any of the mystery gun laws,I'm frozen in a John Wayne World scince say 5 years old old.

__________________

Last edited by HankStone; 05-19-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: ?????
HankStone is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

Yes thanks again for your very in depth assessments of our mutual firearms freedom interest.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Catskill,New York "State"
Posts: 491
Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
NY does not allow open carry. It only has provisions for concealed. Again, the reason some States do not recognize other States permits changes from State to State, or Commonwealth. One reason Ma. does not recognize an NH permit is that there are so many handguns that do not meet Ma. requirements such as a 10 round limit or specific safety. As far as a LEO entering your home without legal authority, I don't think anyone wants to take a life, but it is no different then any other armed intruder. On one hand you want to carry in every State, on the other you use the word "execute" for shooting an unlawful entry. States have constitutions that are the States laws. That is just the way it is. It seems you just want it your way, not really reality. I offered you a chance to hunt the East, you came back w/ a "with what, a stick" comment. You are truly delusional and completely misinformed. Your mind is made up as to the way the nation is and what it should be to suit your purpose, again just delusional. Heres your sign!
Your one picture is worth a thousand words was a bit much!
__________________
HankStone is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
notoriousM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: buckeye,arizona
Posts: 67
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
It is simple a state trust its people or does not. It matters not where it is located. It is too bad gun owners only settle for half a freedom and think they are wining. Why not issue gun owners permits to travel in any of the states allowing concealed carry. Not just open carry in New York. Yes you have more freedom than most in that you can execute police officers without a trial I can not do that. I really don't want to.
What are you trying to say I'm confused?
__________________
notoriousM3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Homicide Percentages Around the World Sniper03 Legal and Activism 14 02-01-2013 04:40 AM
Massive Homicide Bomb Rocks Pakistani High Court; At Least 20 Dead sculker The Club House 0 01-10-2008 07:24 AM