Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Vermont is gun friendly but with a low homicide rate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Look at the Brady Cmapaign's list of best states for gun laws, then look at the FBI's statistics on gun crime. The 2 are nearly inverse of each other

That should tell you all you need to know about the effectiveness of gun laws

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

tri70 Likes This 
Old 05-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #12

Liked 194 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I think Illinois should "Ban" voting. The people of that state have a long history of electing crooks.
Cook County/Chicago area comprises 40% of the vote in elections. Downstaters like me are ruled by laws that apply to a city 200 miles away.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #13
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1614 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 1304

What Vermont is, is mostly rural. You'll find gun violence rates low in all the rural areas, and higher in the urban areas, regardless of the gun laws.

HankStone Likes This 
Old 05-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #14

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

We can send ten Greayhound buses to Vermont,with some NY,NY, monitores in toe,and change the Homicide stastisicks over one weekend,well Saturday night to be exact,give me a 4 on that?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
What Vermont is, is mostly rural. You'll find gun violence rates low in all the rural areas, and higher in the urban areas, regardless of the gun laws.
Yes same as NYS we have people in NYS who live in the Ramapo,Catskill and Adirondack Mountains who are well armed indeed,but our Homicide rates are at low numbers also,we just want to be left alone.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #16

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Vermont, like NH holds people accountable for their actions. A good read.
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/940343-196/n.h.-has-low-crime-rate-but-high.html

Now in the cases of high African american and latino incarcerations, what the statistics don't say is the convicted were from other states such as Ma.
Salem, Nashua are on the border with Ma. cities with large ethnic populations. We have large ethnic populations in Manchester and Nashua, but the majority of people that commit crimes are from out of state. Vermont does recognize a NH carry permit.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

HankStone Likes This 
Old 05-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Vermont, like NH holds people accountable for their actions. A good read.
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/940343-196/n.h.-has-low-crime-rate-but-high.html

Now in the cases of high African american and latino incarcerations, what the statistics don't say is the convicted were from other states such as Ma.
Salem, Nashua are on the border with Ma. cities with large ethnic populations. We have large ethnic populations in Manchester and Nashua, but the majority of people that commit crimes are from out of state. Vermont does recognize a NH carry permit.
Extreamly good read indeed,being not politically correct in an honest attempt at fact.The link lists many reasons why my once wonderful Free State of New York is dead now.I've witnessed the "Big Apple" New Your City slowly rot and infect surrounding Counties.In a vane attempt to correct dilemma,many more laws were passed,New York policing is as large as a small ARMY of other Nations,our prisons are full to the max.And now in order to put the Headstone on the New York grave,our Brothers and Sisters who never committed a crime are inundated with more new laws,and looked at with scrutiny.All this because we never nipped our problem in the bud,40 years ago!

Thanks For That Link!

Old 05-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #18

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Vermont is a Constitutional carry state true. That said they do not allow their citizens to carry in other gun friendly states. Vermont will not issue a CCW for travel.
The states of Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming are Constitutional carry states. These states trust their citizens to travel armed out side of their state of residence. They offer CCW Permits for travelers.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #19

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 677

States don't issue a permit to travel to other States. Some State recognize another States permit, some don't. Since Vermont does not require a concealed weapons permit, why would they issue one?? It is not that they don't allow it, it is that other States have different laws. A person from Vt. can come to NH and carry open, just not concealed. Why, because their State does not require a permit, NH does. NS You really have a hair across your @ss for eastern States, but are truly clueless about them. That is called ignorance. Florida recognizes a NH permit, but the 1st 4 States I would cross getting there do not. Ma., Conn, NY, NJ. Kind of hampers the cooperation.
Some facts about Constitutional States:
It is the States Constitution, not Federal.
When the Brady bill came into effect, NH & Vt. ruled it unconstitutional to have any waiting period on firearms purchases. From Day 1 there was no waiting period, just a call to the State Police for a background check.

See being part of the 1st insurrection in 1776, the law makers made sure the States constitutions made individual rights the 1st priority. Here in NH if a policemen comes into my house uninvited and without having previously served a valid warrant, I have the right to shoot him.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Last edited by jpattersonnh; 05-17-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:20 AM   #20

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It is simple a state trust its people or does not. It matters not where it is located. It is too bad gun owners only settle for half a freedom and think they are wining. Why not issue gun owners permits to travel in any of the states allowing concealed carry. Not just open carry in New York. Yes you have more freedom than most in that you can execute police officers without a trial I can not do that. I really don't want to.

Last edited by nitestalker; 05-18-2013 at 05:24 AM.