unjustified shooting - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media >

unjustified shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2014, 09:09 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1337 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

I read that story earlier today. She and her accomplice are suspected of robbing this old guy multiple times. Now she can't. Problem solved.
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:18 PM   #32

Liked 204 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 48

The thing that pisses me off about cases like this is that more often than not these perpetrators have had a history of violent crimes from rape to robbery. They get out of prison in 2-3 years on good behavior, prison overcrowding etch while some kid who gets caught with pot gets a 5 year sentence and does all 5. I don't understand why anyone who commits rape or some other violent crime should ever get out of prison. Much less in 2-3 years.
I live in New Orleans which has an extremely high crime rate. Almost without exception someone who commits a murder or rape has been charged with either one and done jail time for it. If they weren't let back out on the street the crime would never have happened.
People Like This 
Old 07-29-2014, 01:25 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1393 Times on 679 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Some years back in Philadelphia a similar situation occurred, but it was a Philly LEO in the store. The off duty LEO pulled his firearm and killed the armed robber. His family hired a lawyer and sued the city, saying the LEO should have just shot the gun out of their son's hand like they do on TV.

Thankfully the courts threw this one out as it had no reason to waste the court's time and money.

You would hope that if this one progresses down that road, a similar end awaits it.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
Some years back in Philadelphia a similar situation occurred, but it was a Philly LEO in the store. The off duty LEO pulled his firearm and killed the armed robber. His family hired a lawyer and sued the city, saying the LEO should have just shot the gun out of their son's hand like they do on TV.

Thankfully the courts threw this one out as it had no reason to waste the court's time and money.

You would hope that if this one progresses down that road, a similar end awaits it.
What kind of whacko lawyer would even take up a stupid "case" like that? Amazing!

Old 07-29-2014, 02:59 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2344 Times on 1394 Posts
Likes Given: 1278

If anyone would take the time to check AL law they would know that EVERY citizen has the authority to intervene and make a citizens arrest if a felons is committed in their presents and they have the authority use deadly force to stop the act and/or make the arrest. Not to mention the moral and ethical responsibility to protect other human like for the unlawful use of deadly force.
I guess the lack of common sense must run in the family of this criminal who was shot.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1393 Times on 679 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
What kind of whacko lawyer would even take up a stupid "case" like that? Amazing!
An ambulance chaser who's car was in the shop for repair would be my guess.