unjustified shooting - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media >

unjustified shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 02:59 AM   #11
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2879 Times on 1580 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Not everyone has the imagination, intelligence, and will to conceive of a different kind of life. I dare say most people don't. Most people are content to accept for themselves whatever the living circumstances and social norms are that they were raised in and see their family and friends accepting.

If one comes from an environment where:
manipulating rules and financial instruments for personal gain;
handing Jews off to the Nazis is good citizenship;
lynching black people is an acceptable diversion from everyday life; or
working hard and being responsible the are the norms, that's what one does.

And if one comes from an environment where taking advantages of others, by force and/or wiles is the norm, and empathy is a weakness, that's what one does.

Most people are herd animals. Many who aren't keep that hidden due to being beaten, or at least ridiculed, in the past by the herd for exposing their true nature. You develop thick skin and resilience, or you die. Either by your own hand or the herds'.

I'd say after three generations you end up with a positive feed back loop so strong, escape is nearly impossible. This is one of the reasons we hosted Fresh Air Fund kids. To give them the experience that another kind life is possible and not just a fantasy on TV. Reality a better teacher than theory. Of course their parents must have something on the ball to be willing to let their kids leave and stay with strangers for a summer or two in the first place. If you don't think that's significant, imagine kissing good-by to your SMALL kids and seeing them off on a bus to who knows where for weeks at a time.

Anyway, all this is by way of saying, in reference to the perpetuators family above, 'What else should one expect?'
Unfortunately I have seen too many that would be glad to get rid of their little darlings for a few months or forever. There is a man awaiting trial right now for accidentally leaving his son in the car after he researched it on the net. Coincidence?? Morality in this country has definitely taken a downturn. Abortion because it is inconvenient to have and raise a child. In Oregon euthanasia is legal so they dont have to pay for expensive life saving medical treatment.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #12

Liked 3248 Times on 1941 Posts
Likes Given: 2347

while i can understand a family in pain when their child is hurt,

this is just a product of ignorance. if i were in their position i would get on my knees & THANK GOD that my son was not killed. THEN....explain to my son that he survived this time, next time he likely won't. ultimately, HE must change his life.

in this circumstance, i could find no way to fault the CCW carrier who shot him (even if it had been my son). this young man was playing a dangerous game, and found out the hard way how dangerous it can be. hopefully, he learns from it...but based on the attitude of the parents, i don't hold much hope for him.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-19-2014, 02:07 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3452 Times on 1777 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Sorry, but your kid made poor choices. He was in the commission of an aggravated Felony and got shot for his trouble. Get over yourself mom. You failed in raising him. Perhaps you tried, but you still failed. He is fery lucky he survived the encounter. The State board of corrections will supply him with colostomy bags for the duration of his incarceration.
People Like This 
Old 07-19-2014, 02:18 AM   #14

Liked 1336 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

These stories piss me off. For the life of me, I don't understand why you (or others) don't automatically loose the right to sue for ANYTHING in regards to a crime you committed. Assuming you are convicted.

Quote:
“If his (the customer) life was not in danger, if no one had a gun up to him, if no one pointed a gun at him – what gives him the right to think that it’s okay to just shoot someone?” said the relative. “You should have just left the store and went wherever you had to go in your car or whatever.”
There is a solution for this; shoot them, too.
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:36 AM   #15

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Sorry, but your kid made poor choices. He was in the commission of an aggravated Felony and got shot for his trouble. Get over yourself mom. You failed in raising him. Perhaps you tried, but you still failed. He is fery lucky he survived the encounter. The State board of corrections will supply him with colostomy bags for the duration of his incarceration.
Bingo...

This is the product of the "entitlement society."

Entitled to live off the work of others.

Entitled to free services not earned.

Entitled to walk away unharmed from a deadly situation they created.

Keep on planting them fellas... BECAUSE LORD KNOWS THEY ARE BEYOND BEING TAUGHT.
People Like This 
Old 07-19-2014, 04:32 AM   #16

Liked 520 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

I keep seeing new replies posted but can't see them when I view the thread.

???

Old 07-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #17
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8220 Times on 4234 Posts
Likes Given: 9466

He's 18, not a kid, he could have enlisted, instead he decided to be a thug. At that age he is 100% responsible for all his actions (Except buying his own healthcare). He's lucky he's not dead, were not lucky he's still alive! The good guy who popped him should be able to sue the POS for forcing him to use deadly force to protect others. The POS needs to spend the next 30 years thinking about what he did in a cell with Bubba and his Poo-pea-shooter!
People Like This 
Old 07-19-2014, 04:05 PM   #18

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Unfortunately I have seen too many that would be glad to get rid of their little darlings for a few months or forever. There is a man awaiting trial right now for accidentally leaving his son in the car after he researched it on the net. Coincidence?? Morality in this country has definitely taken a downturn. Abortion because it is inconvenient to have and raise a child. In Oregon euthanasia is legal so they dont have to pay for expensive life saving medical treatment.
Euthanasia... Or "Death with Dignity" as we call it, should be legal everywhere, and unless you've watched a parent suffer through the slow drowning death that is Stage 5 Lung Cancer, please, keep your indignant attitude about euthanasia on the shelf.

Tack
People Like This 
Old 07-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #19

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I can say it is hard for a kid to see a prosperous future in an area where people who draw disability are seen as "having money." The only people I knew growing up that had a college education were my teachers and a couple attorneys. Everyone else worked in a factory, a shipyard, made a living from the sea or had their own business. Most of the people I knew that would be considered wealthy came from old money.

In that environment it is very hard to see beyond the people you are surrounded by. When a young person sees the hard road they face temptation comes from every direction. Most of the people I went to school with are in a jail or dead. Very few people in my age group had a plan when they graduated high school and made it come true. It was pure luck that I didn't end up with a bad crowd. Going to CA to enlist in the Marine Corps is what changed my life. I never would have made the connections to succeed if I had stayed in LA. I would have done my 20 years and retired. Who knows what would have happened to me if I didn't want to avoid Paris Island.

I don't have all the answers. In fact, I don't have any answers. I do know it takes a bit of luck and a good family for a young person to control their own destiny. The few that make it out of extreme poverty to succeed are few and far in between. When someone does escape extreme poverty there is a reason they are the subject of books and TV shows.

Last edited by John_Deer; 07-21-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Vincine Likes This 
Old 07-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

The family's reaction is typical of the families of people who commit crimes of opportunity. These people grow up learning that they can get away with wrongdoing by playing the old "teacher is just picking on me because of my race/ethnic group/economic status". When little Johnny gets in trouble in school for some act of violence, disobedience, or disruption, he runs to Momma, who then goes to school and raises hell with the teacher or principal, threatening to sue, etc. So little Johnny grows up believing that he can use that same excuse to get away with adult crimes when he is an adult. So Momma is not doing him any favors when she teaches him to ignore the rules/law.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 07-21-2014 at 05:21 PM.