unjustified shooting
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > unjustified shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 11:21 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5818 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Default unjustified shooting

at least from a scumbag point of view...

not sure when this occured as the link is dead but i included it from the quote off another site for copyright purposes

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/mobile-county/good-samaritan-shoots-suspect-speaks?hpt=ju_bn4

Quote:
The family of a suspected thief is lashing out after their son was shot during an armed robbery.

Relatives of Adric White, 18, believe the Good Samaritan who opened fire should have “just left the store.”

FOX10 spoke exclusively with a customer who stepped in to rescue employees held at gunpoint Tuesday, November 12.

The Good Samaritan, who we are not identifying, told FOX10 News he was shopping at the Family Dollar on Stanton road when he noticed a masked gunman leading one of the employees to the front of the store.

“He had the gun to his head. He had him on his knees,” said the man. “I drew my gun on him and I said ‘Hey don’t move.’ At that point he swung around and before he had a chance to aim the gun at me I fired. I didn’t want to shoot him.”

White was transported to USA Medical Center, where he remains in police custody.

A family member who did not want to be identified said White should have never been shot to begin with.

“If his (the customer) life was not in danger, if no one had a gun up to him, if no one pointed a gun at him – what gives him the right to think that it’s okay to just shoot someone?” said the relative. “You should have just left the store and went wherever you had to go in your car or whatever.”

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Axxe55 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-15-2014, 11:41 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 103

This I believe happened at a dollar general store close to where I grew up, in mobile, al. Just shows how daft people can be is all. Blows my mind.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:55 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 268 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Default If ...

Quote:
“If his (the customer) life was not in danger, if no one had a gun up to him, if no one pointed a gun at him – what gives him the right to think that it’s okay to just shoot someone?” said the relative. “You should have just left the store and went wherever you had to go in your car or whatever.”
If the kid had been raised right...
If the family took more interest in what he was up to...
If he wasn't looking to rob someone...
if he didn't have a GUN to someone's head

My mother (God rest here soul) was a pretty scrappy woman...called it like she saw it. She used to say (when people got a case of the "if's" )

If my grandmother had b$lls she would have been my grandfather,...

That about sums it up...

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

People Like This 
Old 07-16-2014, 04:22 AM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2182 Times on 1189 Posts
Likes Given: 644

They probably were all delivered by c section. They dont sound smart enough to find their way in or out of the birth canal.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

People Like This 
Old 07-16-2014, 06:51 AM   #5

Liked 60 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

When some threeatens you, you must assume me means to do it.
That includes pointing aagun at you. Shoot first. Don't weight the perp's troubled past and his failures and his goals. You have to defend yourself.
This Kids family has been raised in the hood, on the corner shooting dice and ollecting their monthly check. there is a whole nother society out there that doesn't seemingly have access to the outside world and their reasoning is based on low rent tv shows of violence and people like Jessee Jackson that have a tunnel into their world. These housing projects and other Great Society ideas were to buy votes and put the trouble makers all together. They can walk deon the street but can never break out of their prison.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #6

Liked 1798 Times on 929 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

Not everyone has the imagination, intelligence, and will to conceive of a different kind of life. I dare say most people don't. Most people are content to accept for themselves whatever the living circumstances and social norms are that they were raised in and see their family and friends accepting.

If one comes from an environment where:
manipulating rules and financial instruments for personal gain;
handing Jews off to the Nazis is good citizenship;
lynching black people is an acceptable diversion from everyday life; or
working hard and being responsible the are the norms, that's what one does.

And if one comes from an environment where taking advantages of others, by force and/or wiles is the norm, and empathy is a weakness, that's what one does.

Most people are herd animals. Many who aren't keep that hidden due to being beaten, or at least ridiculed, in the past by the herd for exposing their true nature. You develop thick skin and resilience, or you die. Either by your own hand or the herds'.

I'd say after three generations you end up with a positive feed back loop so strong, escape is nearly impossible. This is one of the reasons we hosted Fresh Air Fund kids. To give them the experience that another kind life is possible and not just a fantasy on TV. Reality a better teacher than theory. Of course their parents must have something on the ball to be willing to let their kids leave and stay with strangers for a summer or two in the first place. If you don't think that's significant, imagine kissing good-by to your SMALL kids and seeing them off on a bus to who knows where for weeks at a time.

Anyway, all this is by way of saying, in reference to the perpetuators family above, 'What else should one expect?'

Last edited by Vincine; 07-16-2014 at 03:27 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-16-2014, 01:31 PM   #7

Liked 2304 Times on 1353 Posts
Likes Given: 508

I thought this happened over a year ago.

Regardless. Since the mom wants to play "if" games: If her son was being held at gunpoint on his knees would she still want the CCW holder to walk away and go sit in his car?

Old 07-16-2014, 01:57 PM   #8

Liked 516 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 113

I know these people are emotional over the events and that was their loved one but....

As someone whose family has had a long and embarrassing criminal history I find it impossible to defend their deviant behavior.

You can talk about breakdown of the family, failing to instill values, etc. What it comes down to though is you have someone literally holding a gun to someone's head. How can you overlook that behavior. Of course he got shot! If not then, eventually that behavior is going to catch up to him.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

People Like This 
Old 07-16-2014, 02:26 PM   #9

Liked 262 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 57

The people who believe in and make those kinds of statements are raising another generation in the same mentality, and it is harder to break loose from that mindset with each new wave.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:50 PM   #10

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

You see this all the time these days. When some dirtbag is threatening someone with a gun and gets blown out of his socks by a good guy with a gun said dirtbag's family starts up with the usual......."He was such a good person", "He was just getting his life together", "He wouldn't hurt a soul", etc, etc. etc. It's enough to make you puke.