Thing you should see on TV, but don't
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Thing you should see on TV, but don't

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Thing you should see on TV, but don't

Through my travels in cyberspace I came across this website and thought I would share. Interesting reading when your just surfin around.

Rationality Rebooted: Stories of responsible gun use that do not fit the mainstream media's agenda

Keep calm, carry on

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Good post. The reason this doesn't get on TV is that the good guys won. The msm only reports stuff where the good guy gets hurt, or if they can make it look like some poor minority person is unfairly treated.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #3

Liked 188 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Good stuff. This is the kind of info to use when someone says gun owners never stop a crime.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #4

Liked 21 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I agree that's why I am also very happy to see the A&E channel put PANIC 911 on Thursday nights at 10:00pm. Last night a single mother went to work in the morning leaving her 12 year old daughter home alone to get ready for school. The mother had purchased a semi-auto and taught the daughter how to use it. A BG broke into the house that morning after the mother just left so the 12 year old grabbed the gun and hid in her closet, soon as the BG grabbed for the closet door she shot one through the door hitting the BG in the shoulder which made him flea out side to where the police was pulling up. Was very intense. The wife won't watch it anymore, isn't it something how the police are always just a little late, not knocking them at all they can't be everywhere. Just shows that a home defense weapon is very important in to days world. Be safe.

Keep calm, carry on

Old 09-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2744 Times on 1437 Posts
Likes Given: 231

"The police are always a little late" is the product of a free society. We do not want the "thought police" intervening because someone is "thinking" about committing a crime. That is the stuff of Stalinist Russia.

I saw a news story today about two girls who hid in a closet while the burglars ransacked the house. Luckily the police got there in time and caught the two "teen" burglars. Could have been 19 year old MEN, but were portrayed by the media as "teens".

They made a big deal about how these girls were "saved" by hiding. If you think hiding from criminals is going to save you, you are going to be dissapointed more often than not.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 09-14-2013, 01:30 AM   #6

Liked 2530 Times on 1136 Posts
Likes Given: 2430

To be fair to the police they cannot possibly be everywhere all the time. So at some point you have to take responsibility for your own safety.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #7

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The NRA publishes "The Armed Citizen" every month and has for as long as I can remember. It is a monthly report of Citizens protecting themselves and others.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:25 AM   #8

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The NRA publishes "The Armed Citizen" every month and has for as long as I can remember. It is a monthly report of Citizens protecting themselves and others.
I love America's First Freedom!!! I'm chomping at the bit every month when it appears in the mail box. Armed Citizen is my favorite part.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:35 AM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
"The police are always a little late" is the product of a free society. We do not want the "thought police" intervening because someone is "thinking" about committing a crime. That is the stuff of Stalinist Russia.

I saw a news story today about two girls who hid in a closet while the burglars ransacked the house. Luckily the police got there in time and caught the two "teen" burglars. Could have been 19 year old MEN, but were portrayed by the media as "teens".

They made a big deal about how these girls were "saved" by hiding. If you think hiding from criminals is going to save you, you are going to be dissapointed more often than not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
To be fair to the police they cannot possibly be everywhere all the time. So at some point you have to take responsibility for your own safety.
it's a simple fact of numbers. the police are outnumbered by the citizens. they simply can't be everywhere and are for the most part reactionary. this is not a fault of LEO's or their agencies, but of demgraphics and environment.

and unfortunately, they don't have crystal balls to fortell the future actions of criminals, we do need to take some responsibility for our own safety and that of our loved ones. and in all fairness, look at what they are tasked with in a shift. vehicle accidents, medical emergencies, robberies and thefts, shoplifting, disturbance calls, drunks, ect., ect.,,,,, they just are not capable of being everywhere all the time. even if they had twice or triple the number LEO's it would still be impossible.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:40 AM   #10

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Axxe, you hit the nail on the head, taking responsibility for our own safety and the safety of our loved ones. Growing up I was taught this is part of being a man. Times have changed and now I believe this is also part of being a woman. Responsibility seems to have been lost on my generation(born in the 80's).