Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Texas school answer to Sandy Hook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

I believe that any one any where who can legally do so that would like to carry should be able to carry in accordance with our Constitution and the amendments thereof.However since we have all these smart antifirearm people that have been elected to positions that allow to pass unconstitutional laws such as gunfree zones. They should be smart enough to think of every contingency in providing security and safety for those that would be within the boundaries of a gun free zone.The last time I checked only law abiding citizens followed the law.Unless something has dramaticly changed within the past couple of days and the criminal element has decided that they should commit crimes in a legal manner.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #52

Liked 619 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Trip:
Duh, don't you know that all unicorns are capable of flight! Just bc you put the word "flying" in front of unicorn doesn't make your unicorn better than mine. Btw, mine likes to snack on donuts I slide down its horn.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:45 AM   #53

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

How the hell does it eat the donuts if they're on it's horn?

Old 12-20-2012, 04:48 AM   #54

Liked 619 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Trip:
When not in flight it will tilt it's head until the top one falls on the ground. When it bends over to snack on it magic holds the rest of the donuts on the horn. You must be new to unicorns! Mine is black, so I guess it's an assault unicorn!

Old 12-20-2012, 04:48 AM   #55
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1488 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 7308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
Every county, state, and federal office/building/school should have some type of security in place that will help alleviate instances such as these from ever hapening again. I am a state employee, and after 9-11 they secured every state building by having every state employee to swipe a placard in order to gain entrance to a building, and they installed video cameras everywhere including the parking garage. I would say the biggest deterent would be having security guards placed at every school will go along way to keep our children safe.
THE sro in my district is passed between 2 schools in the district. Even worse, it is done on a rotating schedule, 3 days at A, 2 days at B, next week, 3 days at B, you get the point. Secure building? I wish! I can still gain entry via the same doors I used to use to skip class when I was a student. I literally went in to see my wife 1 day last year, and walked the halls in the shool for 45 minutes before anyone noticed something was off. And this was after 9\11! Regardless of arming the staff, they need lessons in situational awareness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
How the hell does it eat the donuts if they're on it's horn?
I was wondering the same thing. Everytime I put the donuts on my unicorn's horn, he pokes me in the eye trying to get to them!

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

TDS92A Likes This 
Old 12-20-2012, 05:02 AM   #56
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1488 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 7308

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Trip:
When not in flight it will tilt it's head until the top one falls on the ground. When it bends over to snack on it magic holds the rest of the donuts on the horn. You must be new to unicorns! Mine is black, so I guess it's an assault unicorn!
O.K., now I know what I'm doing wrong! Thanks for clearing that up for me. Just got my unicorn last week, so yeah, I'm still learning too.

Meanwhile, in the land of liberal reality......

Man do I ever wish it really worked that way.
photo-19-.jpg  

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 12-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #57

I am fairly new to them, but not like a virgin. He just never expressed any interest in donuts...

Last edited by trip286; 12-20-2012 at 05:19 AM.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:20 AM   #58

By the way I took a picture...

unicorn.jpg

I named him Ragnarok.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:49 PM   #59

Liked 7 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Good idea! Texas FTW!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #60
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1669 Times on 1016 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdavis4296 View Post
I am highly against handing out guns in this manner.....

HOWEVER, we need A LOT more armed security.
No one is saying the school system should issue guns to teachers. No one is saying all teachers must carry.

They're saying allow teachers who have already been through the background check to get their CCW license to carry on campus if they want to. Voluntary participation. My guess is that the school won't be buying any guns or ammo for the teachers.

If they want to be further assured of the teacher having the necessary skill with the gun, they could require (perhaps even sponsor?) some advanced training. Perhaps even a CLEET level of weapons training. If they passed that certification, then they have as much weapons training as many cops.

And they have one advantage the cops don't have. They're THERE ALREADY.

As others have already said, God bless Texas!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/