Texas school answer to Sandy Hook - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Texas school answer to Sandy Hook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 04:01 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1910 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 1263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I had more than one teacher that was as crazy as a bed-bug. What will they do when an armed teacher kills kids?
A nut case teacher is not going to wait until they get approval to carry before they start shooting people. Either they are a threat or they are not. And if my kid had a nut case teacher I would feel better if their were an armed one next door.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 12-19-2012, 04:04 AM   #32

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Tada!!! Dammit, that common sense that supposedly isn't so common is flowing like the blood of the dragons I slay while riding my flying unicorn. And yes, I really have a unicorn. He's offended that C3 wants to barbeque him.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just think about it. If one teacher had a gun, they could have stopped that guy. They could have stopped him before any kids were killed. One bullet could have changed it all.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #34

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
I had more than one teacher that was as crazy as a bed-bug. What will they do when an armed teacher kills kids?
That's why I think there should be more than one with a ccw in the school. Having only one is not a good idea because there's nobody else armed to stop him/her. Imo there should be a ratio, like two staffers with a ccw per every 100 kids or something like that. That way you have all areas of the building or campus covered.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 12-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Does anybody remember how the school shooting in Pearl, MS way back in 1997 was stopped? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting

Quote:
The school's assistant principal, Joel Myrick, retrieved a .45 pistol from his truck and, spotting him near the parking lot, shouted for Woodham to stop. Woodham instead got into a his mother's car and tried to escape. Myrick, a US Army Reserve commander, detained Woodham until authorities arrived.[8][9]
It worked on that dumbass; it can work again on dumbasses yet to come.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 12-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #36

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I don't think the issue is teachers being stable and shooting kids is the issue. The bigger issue is that your putting more guns into schools that at one point or another could be accessible to angry and bullied kids in a moment of anger. A 300 lbs 6 foot 5 kid that wants to get that gun from his teacher WILL get that gun from his teacher. I think an armed security guard outside the classroom patrolling the grounds or stationed at the main entrance is a better and safer move for all parties. Just my thoughts.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #37

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I think several of us, myself included, think that an armed security force would be the better option than arming teachers in the classroom. But the cost...

Yeah, I see assuming teachers as a great idea. But I do see a dedicated security force within the school as a better idea. But someone's gotta pay for it. Most of us here would gladly help foot the bill. It's everyone else we'd have to convince...

Old 12-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Every healthy-minded adult in the U.S. should carry a gun wherever he chooses, including teachers in schools. The problem is in identifying the small percentage of people who have mental problems, especially the ones who know how they should act in public to cover up their sick motives and objectives. But if I were in a position to make the rules, I'd certainly want the teachers to be armed. They should be scrutinized for any documented things in their past that would have a bearing on the issue, and given psychological tests to make sure they are OK. They should be given training in how, when, and when not to use deadly force. There should also be the consideration of whether a given individual is physically able to keep his/her gun from being taken by a student. A security force worth having would have to be more than just a rent-a-cop who roams the halls and flirts with the girls (or boys). There would need to be several security officers, depending upon the size and population of the school. This would be very expensive, which may be the main reason it isn't implemented in most schools.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 12-19-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #39
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2130 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 635

Israel has armed teachers for a long time.

armed-teacher.jpg  

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

People Like This 
Old 12-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #40
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2130 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 635

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Every healthy-minded adult in the U.S. should carry a gun wherever he chooses, including teachers in schools. The problem is in identifying the small percentage of people who have mental problems, especially the ones who know how they should act in public to cover up their sick motives and objectives. But if I were in a position to make the rules, I'd certainly want the teachers to be armed. They should be scrutinized for any documented things in their past that would have a bearing on the issue, and given psychological tests to make sure they are OK. There should also be the consideration of whether a given individual is physically able to keep his/her gun from being taken by a student. A security force worth having would have to be more than just a rent-a-cop who roams the halls and flirts with the girls (or buys). There would need to be several security officers, depending upon the size and population of the school. This would be very expensive, which may be the main reason it isn't implemented in most schools.
This would not go well with the teachers unions as they would probably find a percentage of the teachers are unfit to teach let alone carry.
Arm the women since there is nothing more vicious than a woman protecting kids.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

People Like This