Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Texas school answer to Sandy Hook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I agree with those who said mental illness is the bigger issue at hand. However, there is one more bigger issue... The shooters were able to get their hands on someone else's firearm. A firearm owner is responsible to secure what they own and make sure they are put away and out of sight. Both recent shootings could've been avoided if the firearms were not available.

People Like This 
Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #22

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I had more than one teacher that was as crazy as a bed-bug. What will they do when an armed teacher kills kids?
Its not the principals,teachers,janitors,ect. being armed that anyone should be worried about.

Its those damn guidance counselors & nurses that worry me
Old 12-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #23

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Didn't they start allowing commercial pilots to have a pistol in the cockpit after 9/11? Makes sense. Seems logical for teachers too.
They did start that as a program and then when Obama got elected he quoted the project as unessesscary and defunded it.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #24

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
I agree with those who said mental illness is the bigger issue at hand. However, there is one more bigger issue... The shooters were able to get their hands on someone else's firearm. A firearm owner is responsible to secure what they own and make sure they are put away and out of sight. Both recent shootings could've been avoided if the firearms were not available.
Wham, bam, bango we have a mother freaking winner.

Just as dads used to do with their daughters when I came to town, so should we do when we leave guns unattended- lockem up.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #25
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1489 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7328

Quick Question. Which of these do you think will better protect our children when they are at school? IMHO, it's the one on the right.

weapons.jpg  

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

People Like This 
Old 12-19-2012, 12:51 AM   #26
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1489 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7328

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Wham, bam, bango we have a mother freaking winner.

Just as dads used to do with their daughters when I came to town, so should we do when we leave guns unattended- lockem up.
QFT!!! Kemosabe and Trip, that is an excellent point. Firearms kept under lock and key are almost never used without the owner's consent. I do not lock my guns up to keep my wife and daughter from using them. I lock them up to keep them out of the hands of those who should not use them.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 12-19-2012, 02:23 AM   #27

A concealed gun carrier may have been a contributing factor in stopping the Sandy Hook shooter. Any information or conformation of this??

Old 12-19-2012, 02:37 AM   #28

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat45 View Post
A concealed gun carrier may have been a contributing factor in stopping the Sandy Hook shooter. Any information or conformation of this??
A concealed carrier may have helped in stopping the mall shooting.

I think what stopped the school shooter is that he ran out of defenseless children to murder.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:53 AM   #29

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

So if a teacher happens to be a CCW holder, has had the training to do so..And has approval of the board (I'm assuming that they will look at backgrounds too) what's the problem with them having their weapon at work?

I just seem to be hearing well it's a teacher so they might go batsh!t and open fire. If this is the true opinion of people then I would imagine that they do not condone concealed carry to begin with then. I mean...Anyone can nuckin futs. So then none of us can be trusted?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 12-19-2012, 03:28 AM   #30

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I don't know about how you all went through high school but the school board that we had pretty much walked around with there heads up there pooper. I can recall an incident we had one of the guys walk into my science class talking his head off with the head of maintenance while we were in there trying to take our midterm and talking loud and the whole thing could have waited till later.

All I'm saying is that just because someone was elected to a school board doesn't mean they're capable of thinking clearly enough to actually be helpful. That being said I hope a lot of states and school get this thinking in there brains so we can actually do something other then the government sitting on there ars bitching and trying to come up with pointless laws that only law abiding people are actually going to fallow because we all know that even if something is made illegal people want it bad enough they'll get it one way or another.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED