Texas school answer to Sandy Hook - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Texas school answer to Sandy Hook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I had a shop teacher in junior high that carried everyday, we didn't find out about it til several years later. He had a heart attack in class and the EMT's found a snubby .38 in his coveralls pocket and a .45 auto in a drawer in his office.

He was the coolest teacher ever, he had a handlebar mustache....lol

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

People Like This 
Old 12-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I had more than one teacher that was as crazy as a bed-bug. What will they do when an armed teacher kills kids?
Well, considering that they have to have a CCL, and get approval from the superintendent, that doesn't seem likely. Plus, if they are crazy enough to go on a shooting spree, I doubt they could keep a teaching job unless the school just completely ignored them (doubtful).
There also a difference in being a little loony, and being crazy and homicidal. I had a few teachers that were loony, but I'd never be able to imagine them going on a shooting spree.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #13

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
I had more than one teacher that was as crazy as a bed-bug. What will they do when an armed teacher kills kids?
I am highly against handing out guns in this manner.....

HOWEVER, we need A LOT more armed security.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #14

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
If a teacher is crazy enough to shoot a kid during school, I can promise you that the legalities of carrying at school aren't going to stop them.

-Matt

People Like This 
Old 12-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

its like putting up a sign to stop asteriods hitting the school. kinda pointless.

allowing teachers to choose to be armed or not is the answer. i dont think anyone should be forced to carry a gun or not carry against their will.

the problem i have with all this liberal stuff is the forcing of someone's values on another person. just because your afraid to carry a firearm doesnt mean more children should become a victim of a murderer because your scared of the boogeyman

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 12-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #16

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I have lived in Texas for the last 18 years and even I was (pleasantly) surprised at this. I agree that is we can arm pilots to carry on commercial jet liners that allowing select CHL holders to carry in school might not be a bad idea. But when are we going to look at the 800 lb gorilla in the room. There is one thing that all these shootings have in common, and it isn't guns. This is a mental health issue and we need to address the sick individuals who are in our society and need help. They need our help, their families need our help and the children of America need our help.

I have spent a lot of money on guns bullets and holsters... The rest I have just squandered...

People Like This 
Old 12-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

http://news.yahoo.com/tennessee-considers-training-arming-schoolteachers-protect-against-shootings-192556978--politics.html

Tennessee's legislature will be considering a similar measure in the near future. Sounds good to me; harden the target previously over-softened by the "gun free zone" crap.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 12-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1587 Times on 1084 Posts
Likes Given: 548

There is a poll at the end of the Huffington Post article. At this moment 72.9% of those who responded think licensed and approved teachers and staff should have weapons on campus.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 12-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #19

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I can't believe he just phucken said that libtard sh!t. I won't even address that.

It appears several of you are very pleasantly surprised that in the face of our federal government considering stricter gun control, state governments are considering a more proactive approach. I know I'm very pleased, but somehow can't find it in me to be surprised. Kinda like I felt it in my bones that something like this was gonna happen.

As far as Tennessee goes, I can almost guarantee you it won't happen in the more dangerous public schools, such as Memphis. I kinda wonder how many teachers there could even pass a background check to purchase a handgun...

Old 12-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #20

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Quote:
I'm gonna guess maybe another armed teacher would shoot them.
People Like This