Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Sure. NY Gun Control Laws work PERFECTLY!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 02:24 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Why the hell would anyone invite trouble like that? Smart has to enter into the equation at done point.......
what trouble?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 10-26-2012, 02:36 AM   #62

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Oh Jesus! Is this still going on?? I would have thought that facts would be enough, but fuck no, we have to argue the completely impossible.

"I have lived 40 years without ever needing a pistol, so no one should need a pistol"

Really?

I have lived 40 years and never been bitten by a shark, a lion, a tiger, a bear or an alligator.

I guess sharks, lions, tigers, bears, and alligators don't bite then.

If you live in Mayberry where everyone knows everyone else, you probably don't have as much crime as other cities.

That doesn't mean that YOUR CITY is indicative of EVERY OTHER CITY out there.

I worked Oakland for almost a year in 2002. Oakland = More crime per capita than most other cities. That means the chances of encountering a criminal situation went up statistically over the time I spent in Indianapolis.

With a greater increase in the ratio of crime availability to one person, the need for protection increases.

Your initial statement was arrogant, completely flawed and insupportable. Now that you have been handed your hat, you want to continue to argue that somehow "your existence" is proof that NO ONE needs to carry a firearm in the face of TWO sources that prove exactly the opposite with facts, figures, test cases and empirical data.

Give it up.

Pits first rule: When you are in one, STOP DIGGING!

Old 10-26-2012, 02:49 AM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1749 Times on 904 Posts
Likes Given: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger
Oh Jesus! Is this still going on?? I would have thought that facts would be enough, but **** no, we have to argue the completely impossible.

"I have lived 40 years without ever needing a pistol, so no one should need a pistol"

Really?

I have lived 40 years and never been bitten by a shark, a lion, a tiger, a bear or an alligator.

I guess sharks, lions, tigers, bears, and alligators don't bite then.

If you live in Mayberry where everyone knows everyone else, you probably don't have as much crime as other cities.

That doesn't mean that YOUR CITY is indicative of EVERY OTHER CITY out there.

I worked Oakland for almost a year in 2002. Oakland = More crime per capita than most other cities. That means the chances of encountering a criminal situation went up statistically over the time I spent in Indianapolis.

With a greater increase in the ratio of crime availability to one person, the need for protection increases.

Your initial statement was arrogant, completely flawed and insupportable. Now that you have been handed your hat, you want to continue to argue that somehow "your existence" is proof that NO ONE needs to carry a firearm in the face of TWO sources that prove exactly the opposite with facts, figures, test cases and empirical data.

Give it up.

Pits first rule: When you are in one, STOP DIGGING!
You could always stop reading!

Old 10-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #64

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

This a forum for FACTS!

Allowing you to post stupid, ignorant, untruthful opinion as "fact" would be a disservice to the rest of the community that DESERVES better.

You could just admit you were talking out of your ass when you said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Well, to be honest, the true stories about someone defending themselves appropriately with a concealed handgun are oh so few and oh so far between.
- and we could let it go at that.

Or everyone could continue to point out how completely absurd your position is.

Your choice.....
Old 10-26-2012, 03:07 AM   #65

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
well than you are not living my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
This a forum for FACTS!

Allowing you to post stupid, ignorant, untruthful opinion as "fact" would be a disservice to the rest of the community that DESERVES better.

You could just admit you were talking out of your ass when you said -

- and we could let it go at that.

Or everyone could continue to point out how completely absurd your position is.

Your choice.....
this!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 10-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #66

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I have spent and worked a great deal of time in and around the tri-state area. I've never carried not because I have never not wanted to but due to the draconian laws of places such as NYC.

With that said I have also never felt afraid or feared for my life while traveling in and around NYC ... not because I am oblivious to what the realities are around me but that I am supremely confident that I can take care of myself. But having never carried I would not begrudge anyone who chooses to do so.

Take a trip to the south Bronx, Brooklyn or Harlem ... at night ... or walk along Broadway past the Mosques wearing a shirt emblazoned with "infidel" ... and you may feel more comfortable with a firearm at your side

this might just be fun. have some "Born In the USA" blarin outta the speakers of............WAIT FOR IT.........THE GENERAL LEE!

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 10-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1749 Times on 904 Posts
Likes Given: 346

Dillinger, I think you take this whole "forum of facts" bit a little TOO seriously? Calm down man. Quit banging that keyboard so hard, your "community that deserves better" is apparently packin' heat - they obviously can fend for themselves lol. The Internet: nothin' but facts, ever since Al Gore invented it........

And while we are on the subject (lol), why is it that there are 3-4 people who think they "own" this website, always, and I mean ALWAYS jumping on, correcting, belittling other posters? These guys are always looking for a fight, can't sleep unless they "set everyone straight". Who the heck appointed these people "arbiters of all that is true and factual"? Themselves, obviously. It is interesting that they employ the most liberal of conversational tactics: talk often, talk loudest, and when they get a little frustrated, start calling names. I guess I am the idiot here......what should I expect from folks who practically live on an internet posting site?

Last edited by chloeshooter; 10-26-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #68
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5620 Times on 2781 Posts
Likes Given: 5981

Taking back the thread to where it began.

Im a New Yorker, I live in the big big state not the little big city. Upstate random assault Crime as a whole is less prevalent than a boar with milk bearing breasts, a call to arms in my area of the state would have a loaded gun in the hands of every man woman and child big enough to carry one! Crooks dont try to attack armed victims when there are so many sheep that cannot protect themselves. thats a fact.

Downstate, you have to worry both about Criminals shooting you or the cops but will almost never hear about a self defense shooting or a CCW taking down a crook because Bloomie and his buds made sure you cant legally do that!

If you want British rules, move to Britain where they dont have a BOR that allows us to defend ourselves from all threats, foreign and domestic!

Old 10-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #69
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1353 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

The studies will tell you that your odds of encountering violence are higher in a high-crime area (no-brainer there), but in reality nobody can predict when and where a threat will arise anymore than we can predict human behavior.

I'm reminded of something my Dad used to say...he was a Southerner and outspoken but he wasn't a bigot, and he didn't mean this to be a racist remark:

"A black guy will kill you for ten bucks...but a white guy will kill you for fun. You tell me what motive is the more reliable."

I think the point he was trying to make was, it can happen anytime, anywhere. You're either ready or your dead.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #70

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Just make sure you have $50 in your pocket when in NY, NY. You don't want to waste the armed robbers time. He might shoot you.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This