Sure. NY Gun Control Laws work PERFECTLY! - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Sure. NY Gun Control Laws work PERFECTLY!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2033 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV

I suggest you read several different news sources than just the liberal leaning news sources that only try and get 'their agenda' across.
What makes you think I don't? I'm not a liberal by a long shot. I'm a gun owner just like you. Just because I don't share the exact same views as you, or Dillinger, doesn't mean I'm not informed, against guns, or anything else. Do you guys understand how to respectfully disagree with someone without badgering or making assumptions? You guys cite studies and talking heads that support your statements - I get it- but don't be one of those people that talks down. Doesn't work with me. And don't your "news sources" have agendas of their own? I've been getting along just fine without handguns my entire life - that's the study I cite!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #52

Liked 4784 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Well, to be honest, the true stories about someone defending themselves appropriately with a concealed handgun are oh so few and oh so far between.

If I had to guess, and if we could get a 100% honest poll? Most people carry their handguns because they just plain think it is cool, and that their gun is cool. I get it it. If I could walk around with my remington 700 slung on my back, I would! (on occasion).

(Not to open a can of worms here, but I'll bet my next year's paycheck that George Zimmerman would not have lost his life had he been sans handgun. What I think is, the gun made him feel empowered to start some s#@t with a skinny little kid, and things got out of hand......)
Thinking it's "cool"'may motivate a younger person to carry but after 17'years of daily CCW I can assure you that the burden far outweights any "cool factor" that some may perceive.

I do not presume to know why others choose to carry or not to carry. I can only speak for myself and can sum it up in one word.

Responsibility...

You see, I chose to marry a lovely young woman oh 21 years ago and I chose to father 4 children with her. I chose to be the sole bread winner for my Familly so my wife can raise our children and I've chosen all of these responsibilities freely.

In doing so, I recognize that my #1 priority when I leave for work in the morning is to ensure that I am able to walk back through that door in the evening...all so I can get up tomorrow and do it all over again.

Recognizing that I am the only human being walking the face of the earth who is capable of seeing to my security is the reason I carry a sidearm. I also take many other precaution like making sure to wear a seatbelt, driving responsibly, and avoiding situation that could lead to trouble.

Carrying a gun is not done to be cool and take my word for it, there is nothing fun about about exercising 100% retention, proper concealment, proper storage, and everything else that goes with the decision to be armed.

It's done because responsible people recognize there childrens inherent need to keep a parent in there lives.

Tack
Old 10-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Thinking it's "cool"'may motivate a younger person to carry but after 17'years of daily CCW I can assure you that the burden far outweights any "cool factor" that some may perceive.

I do not presume to know why others choose to carry or not to carry. I can only speak for myself and can sum it up in one word.

Responsibility...

You see, I chose to marry a lovely young woman oh 21 years ago and I chose to father 4 children with her. I chose to be the sole bread winner for my Familly so my wife can raise our children and I've chosen all of these responsibilities freely.

In doing so, I recognize that my #1 priority when I leave for work in the morning is to ensure that I am able to walk back through that door in the evening...all so I can get up tomorrow and do it all over again.

Recognizing that I am the only human being walking the face of the earth who is capable of seeing to my security is the reason I carry a sidearm. I also take many other precaution like making sure to wear a seatbelt, driving responsibly, and avoiding situation that could lead to trouble.

Carrying a gun is not done to be cool and take my word for it, there is nothing fun about about exercising 100% retention, proper concealment, proper storage, and everything else that goes with the decision to be armed.

It's done because responsible people recognize there childrens inherent need to keep a parent in there lives.

Tack
I am also a father. I have raised my children and supported them in a very responsible manner - without packing a gun. Does this make me any less responsible/loving than you? Absolutely not! I respect the fact that you have done what you deem necessary to protect your family - I have protected my family equally as well. Having a concealed gun on your person does not guarantee anyone's safety - if it gives you peace of mind, so be it. I would never be in favor of taking that right away from you. I just don't look at the world and have the fears that some do. If this makes me a fool in someone else's opinion, I really could care less.......

Old 10-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #54
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1748 Times on 971 Posts
Likes Given: 5303

Quote:
I've been getting along just fine without handguns my entire life - that's the study I cite!
That study is insignificant.

I have been witness to two situations where a handgun was used to protect life.

That study (my study) has significance.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL

That study is insignificant.

I have been witness to two situations where a handgun was used to protect life.

That study (my study) has significance.
Ok so your life experience is significant mine is not? What an arse! Maybe you need to learn where to and not to put yourself? Stupid post dude

Old 10-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #56
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1748 Times on 971 Posts
Likes Given: 5303

Quote:
Ok so your life experience is significant mine is not? What an arse! Maybe you need to learn where to and not to put yourself? Stupid post dude
Wow, that's kinda unexpected.

Since you have not been faced with a situation where a gun was required/desired, then the data is insignificant; there was no event for significant data.

Not everyone has complete control over every aspect of their life.
When I was employed at night in Downtown Seattle, working in a hotel parking garage, most nights went smoothly. I did not plan the encounter nor did I put myself in a situation for lack of education.

I am very happy that my boss, was armed and prepared to protect me from a three person attack. After this event, 'regular' employees (like me) were allowed to carry.

In the event you find yourself in such a situtation, I would be happy to hear the results.

(I have spent all but two days of my life without 'needing' a gun).
Thank God it has gotten me to age 59. All of those days but two are insignificant since they are in the past But those two days have significance to the discussion.

Last edited by KG7IL; 10-26-2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: add silly name calling: You doo-doo head :)
People Like This 
Old 10-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #57

Liked 4784 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Quote:
I am also a father. I have raised my children and supported them in a very responsible manner - without packing a gun. Does this make me any less responsible/loving than you? Absolutely not! I respect the fact that you have done what you deem necessary to protect your family - I have protected my family equally as well. Having a concealed gun on your person does not guarantee anyone's safety - if it gives you peace of mind, so be it. I would never be in favor of taking that right away from you. I just don't look at the world and have the fears that some do. If this makes me a fool in someone else's opinion, I really could care less.......
Chlo

I was not deriding you choice to not carry but I did find it necessary to respond to your previous statement that "most carry guns because they think it's cool."

As a dedicated shooter, RSO for my gun club, Army Infantry Veteran, and Daily CCW person of 17 years, I know many, many, responsible gun owners who choose to carry handgun and none of us do it for the cool factor.

Try it for 1 week. Experience the weight of this decision for yourself. You may begin to understand the sillyness of your "cool" comment.

Tack
Old 10-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Chlo

I was not deriding you choice to not carry but I did find it necessary to respond to your previous statement that "most carry guns because they think it's cool."

As a dedicated shooter, RSO for my gun club, Army Infantry Veteran, and Daily CCW person of 17 years, I know many, many, responsible gun owners who choose to carry handgun and none of us do it for the cool factor.

Try it for 1 week. Experience the weight of this decision for yourself. You may begin to understand the sillyness of your "cool" comment.

Tack
Try it for 1 week? What the heck would that prove? Sorry guys, we just disagree on this issue. Enough said, sorry to come into your sphere and challenge your religion like this. Keep carrying - I won't. Deer hunting is next week - that's my use for firearms. Peace to you all!

Old 10-26-2012, 02:05 AM   #59

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Try it for 1 week? What the heck would that prove? Sorry guys, we just disagree on this issue. Enough said, sorry to come into your sphere and challenge your religion like this. Keep carrying - I won't. Deer hunting is next week - that's my use for firearms. Peace to you all!
I have spent and worked a great deal of time in and around the tri-state area. I've never carried not because I have never not wanted to but due to the draconian laws of places such as NYC.

With that said I have also never felt afraid or feared for my life while traveling in and around NYC ... not because I am oblivious to what the realities are around me but that I am supremely confident that I can take care of myself. But having never carried I would not begrudge anyone who chooses to do so.

Take a trip to the south Bronx, Brooklyn or Harlem ... at night ... or walk along Broadway past the Mosques wearing a shirt emblazoned with "infidel" ... and you may feel more comfortable with a firearm at your side

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 10-26-2012, 02:24 AM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

I have spent and worked a great deal of time in and around the tri-state area. I've never carried not because I have never not wanted to but due to the draconian laws of places such as NYC.

With that said I have also never felt afraid or feared for my life while traveling in and around NYC ... not because I am oblivious to what the realities are around me but that I am supremely confident that I can take care of myself. But having never carried I would not begrudge anyone who chooses to do so.

Take a trip to the south Bronx, Brooklyn or Harlem ... at night ... or walk along Broadway past the Mosques wearing a shirt emblazoned with "infidel" ... and you may feel more comfortable with a firearm at your side
Why the hell would anyone invite trouble like that? Smart has to enter into the equation at done point.......