Sure. NY Gun Control Laws work PERFECTLY! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Sure. NY Gun Control Laws work PERFECTLY!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Well when only the criminals have guns... I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but come on! Why isn't this obvious to guys like Bloomberg. He may be ignorant but he can't be entirely stupid!

-Matt

Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6146 Times on 3045 Posts
Likes Given: 6520

Bloomie is trying his best to prepare for a National run at office. With Coumo owning NY at present, Governor is out of the question. These 2 nimbots provide the proving grounds for National up and coming attempts at a Perfect Union. Blooperberg is nobodys dummy, he's a smart ass of biblical proportions. His wealth dwarfs 99% of his supporters 10 to 1, he can buy most every office he wants to adjust.

Were the #2 loser gun control law capital of the Nation, registering Bullet fingerprints, Microstamping firing pins (Even if the technology doesnt exist to really do so) and designating innocent targets for criminal free fire zones are our hallmarks. NY often sets the tone for the rest of the nation when it comes to progressive needling, if your not trapped here already, be prepared for Big Apple Creep coming to your state soon.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #13

Liked 1740 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Default Politicians, are just the middle men.

I think you guys are all missing the boat as to who & why many favor restricted gun ownership. The local leaders aren’t fostering it upon unwilling constituents. Their constituents put them in office, on purpose.

And why do they do that you may ask?

Because armed robbery, murder & assault, domestic violence, ‘accidents’, and other armed violence aren’t abstractions to many. It happened to a few, many know someone it happened to personally, most know of someone it has happened to, and all know it happens ‘all the time’ because of media reports.

What DOESN’T happen all the time to people, at least not in their neighborhood, is governmental tyranny. Soldiers haven’t been quartered in their homes against will. The government hasn’t hauled droves of people away in the middle of the night. Unless they’re a refugee or immigrant from some crazyland somewhere, they haven’t experienced gross governmental tyranny, at least not to their perception, distracted as they are by our circus every four years.

Thus armed violence is a daily reality in many of their lives. Governmental tyranny is not. Given their REALITY of civilian on civilian armed violence vs. the ABSTRACTION to them of obvious tyranny, they chose to try and limit their actual reality vs. the possibility of the abstract.

They perceive 'western style justice’, not to mention criminals, to be a greater risk to them than tyranny. Unless you live(d) there, under their reality, who’s to say they’re wrong.

Just as I wouldn’t want someone from away telling me how my community should be run, I wouldn’t presume to tell others how their communities should be run.

For better or worse, it’s their call, and they live with the consequences of it.

Politicians, Bloomberg or others, are just the middle men.

Last edited by Vincine; 10-16-2012 at 08:22 PM.
therewolf Likes This 
Old 10-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #14
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6146 Times on 3045 Posts
Likes Given: 6520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I think you guys are all missing the boat as to who & why many favor restricted gun ownership. The local leaders aren’t fostering it upon unwilling constituents. Their constituents put them in office, on purpose.

Because armed robbery, murder & assault, domestic violence, ‘accidents’, and other armed violence aren’t abstractions to many. It happened to a few, many know someone it happened to personally, most know of someone it has happened to, and all know it happens ‘all the time’ because of media reports.

What DOESN’T happen all the time to people, at least not in their neighborhood, is governmental tyranny. Soldiers haven’t been quartered in their homes against will. The government hasn’t hauled droves of people away in the middle of the night. Unless they’re a refugee or immigrant from some crazyland somewhere, they haven’t experienced gross governmental tyranny, at least not to their perception, distracted as they are by our circus every four years.

Thus armed violence is a daily reality in many of their lives. Governmental tyranny is not. Given their REALITY of civilian on civilian armed violence vs. the ABSTRACTION to them of obvious tyranny, they chose to try and limit the reality vs. the possibility of the abstract.

Without gun restrictions, 'western style justice’ is perceived to be a greater risk to them than not. Unless you live(d) there, under their reality, who’s to say they’re wrong.

Just as I wouldn’t want someone from away telling me how my community should be run, I wouldn’t presume to tell others how their communities should be run.

For better or worse, it’s their call.
Your making a compelling point, even in Upstate we enjoy our rights and freedoms at a much greater rate than Downstate. Thats because we dont have the same criminally induced mortality issues or at nearly the same rate, I have given the credit to 80% of my neighbors being weapons owners, you would be nuts to try a Game of Russian Roulette Robbery without knowing your mark very well. The obvious lack of congestion and abilities for most of us to weather the storm better than city dwellers adds to our low crime numbers.

Albany votes via the numbers, not the land mass. Were being pecked at like vultures and losing little pieces to calm City Dwellers fear of the Unknown outside of their bubble. Who cares if we decide not to go to the city because of that? I wont go to Syracuse if I dont absolutely have to and even as a lifetime resident of NY, You could count on my Fingers the Times Ive ever been to NYC and Albany Combined. My wife even turned down a very big promotion because in the area of Syracuse she would have been working, armed security folks have to walk the State Workers to their cars.

Bloomie can cut out sodas, eliminate transfats, try to wipe out guns and knives in NYC and even mandate what color underwear his sheep will wear, I wont have any part of that and neither will most of us that live in the part of the state that you could lose his city in our back yards!

Old 10-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #15

Liked 2042 Times on 1069 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Well this is a case of someone NOT following the law.

Here is the million dollar question however: if you are carrying a concealed weapon (legally of course) standing in the street, and you see this start to unfold, do you just start shooting? One has to assume there are people inside the McDonalds, and as the video shows, there are people scattered all over the sidewalk. No clear line of fire (especially with a handgun) that will allow a "clean" shot. (by "clean" I mean that you wouldn't just as likely kill an innocent person here). Sure, If I was stationed where the camera was, with my Remington 700, I could put one in the shooters' right ear every time.

I am just curious what folks think they would do if they were carrying in a situation like this. It's similar to the folks who say the will take their pistols into movie theaters now, because of the Aurora, Colorado shooting. There, it was dark, there was a flash/smoke grenade, no clear idea where the shooter was for most of the time. Do you just start blazing away, putting bullets into the backs of the moviegoers in front of you?

I don't claim to have the answers, and I own 5 guns so I am most definitely not anti-gun by a long shot (pardon the pun). And I think New Yorks' Mayor is an idiot.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #16

Liked 1740 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Well this is a case of someone NOT following the law. . . . . . etc.
This is exactly the question to ask yourself. Will drawing one’s gun going to make a bad situation better, or make it worse. Will starting a gun fight in a bank full of people eliminate the risk of people being shot, or cause people to be shot?

Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #17

Liked 2506 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 1947

Quote:

Thus armed violence is a daily reality in many of their lives. Governmental tyranny is not. Given their REALITY of civilian on civilian armed violence vs. the ABSTRACTION to them of obvious tyranny, they chose to try and limit the reality vs. the possibility of the abstract.

They perceive 'western style justice’, not to mention criminals, to be a greater risk to them than tyranny. Unless you live(d) there, under their reality, who’s to say they’re wrong.

For better or worse, it’s their call, and they live with the consequences of it.

And I hope it never changes, because then all the violent criminals will be

spread evenly about the country, instead of flocking to where they know

gun control will protect them

Old 10-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #18

Liked 2506 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 1947

Quote:
This is exactly the question to ask yourself. Will drawing one’s gun going to make a bad situation better, or make it worse. Will starting a gun fight in a bank full of people eliminate the risk of people being shot, or cause people to be shot?
Let's view an alternative here:

How many criminals are going to rob that bank, when they

know that the bankers, and the customers are all armed?

They are going to do what they do now, namely, rob banks in

gun control states...

Old 10-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #19

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Well this is a case of someone NOT following the law.

Here is the million dollar question however: if you are carrying a concealed weapon (legally of course) standing in the street, and you see this start to unfold, do you just start shooting? One has to assume there are people inside the McDonalds, and as the video shows, there are people scattered all over the sidewalk. No clear line of fire (especially with a handgun) that will allow a "clean" shot. (by "clean" I mean that you wouldn't just as likely kill an innocent person here).
Actually given the average time to assess and unholster said legally carried weapon, when compared against the timeline of violence in this video, I think you will see a very clear opportunity as the guy in the red shirt stands there with his arm out shooting at the white shirt as he rolls down the street.

Given that angle, and the opportunity to stop the threat? Well, you have to judge for yourself.

Quote:
This is contract you make when you decide to carry a weapon.

Can you, or can you not?

A bank full of people and three armed perps, spread out amongst the civilians, against me? No, I can't shoot that well, that accruately, and I don't have bullet time to slow sh*t down like in the video games.

Clearly attempting to take out all three by myself would end in a Russian Theater quality bloodbath, with mine included.

Now if two guys are in the vault and there one guy between the hostages and the door? Maybe there is a chance there, but you won't know what you would do until you are in that situation.

Say it's one guy without a clear idea as to what the hell he is doing besides waving a gun around in your local Gas-n-Sip when you just stopped in for a 6'er on the way home?

That is the question you have to ask yourself.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1143 Times on 745 Posts
Likes Given: 679

is it me or did it almost look like white t-shirt guy was reaching for his own gun just before he fell down?

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.