Study claims murders are dropping as concealed carry permits rise - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Study claims murders are dropping as concealed carry permits rise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 03:13 AM   #11
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7768 Times on 4213 Posts
Likes Given: 16424

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post
The belief held by gun control advocates is that there would be "blood in the streets". Apparently the introduction of concealed carriers did not cause an increase in "gun violence"
That's it in a nutshell

No offense and none taken

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 07-12-2014, 03:20 AM   #12

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Do a thread search. They have been finding the same thing for years.

Apparently, criminals afraid of CCWs "increases the peace"...

Additionally, criminals are much more afraid of CCW carriers,

because, according to some interviews with career criminals,

they don't follow police protocol, can pop up unexpectedly

anywhere, and against all better sense,

BGs seem to feel civilians are better shots...

Old 07-12-2014, 03:39 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5985 Times on 3131 Posts
Likes Given: 427

i want to see a study on how many cases per capita of a gun in the hands of a citizen ccw or not stopped or drove off a criminal incident.

those are never ever recordered in crime statistics.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-12-2014, 03:48 AM   #14

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i want to see a study on how many cases per capita of a gun in the hands of a citizen ccw or not stopped or drove off a criminal incident.

those are never ever recordered in crime statistics.
Let's consider this closely for a moment. These situations turn out to

be "non-events", generally, where everybody walks away in one piece and

unscathed. Most folks just don't see much benefit to reporting it to the

police, who, of all folks, for some reason, have a tendency to over-react

upon law-abiding citizens.

Consider if you were involved in a situation like this. Would you risk

the ire of LE by filing a report? I cannot speak for everyone, but I know

I wouldn't. I'm just too busy.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:51 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2250 Times on 1224 Posts
Likes Given: 3512

Some say the drop in violent crime can be attributed to Roe vs. Wade and the abortions of unwanted children.

scholar.harvard.edu/barro/files/99_0927_crimerate_bw.pdf

Last edited by alsaqr; 07-12-2014 at 03:54 PM.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 07-12-2014, 04:13 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3144 Times on 1816 Posts
Likes Given: 2001

With so many guns being sold to new and prior gun owners, over the last several years, why hasn't gun violence gone parabolic?

Has anyone in the anti-gun camp asked that question?

Apparently it's not about owning a firearm, it's about WHO owns the firearm.

So we need to legislate people control, right?

We must need to limit the rights of minorities and people on the lower end of the socio-economic scale then, right?

Or should we allow all people their freedom and live with the consequences?

/\I vote for that./\

Old 07-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #17
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6863 Times on 3445 Posts
Likes Given: 7446

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Some say the drop in violent crime can be attributed to Roe vs. Wade and the abortions of unwanted children.

scholar.harvard.edu/barro/files/99_0927_crimerate_bw.pdf
Ive said for years I didnt think it was worthy of fighting Liberals and those that cant or wont read the instructions on a Condom! If they want to kill their own as long as they leave me and my money out of it, Im not going to try to stop them! I sleep Ok in that knowledge, Darwin at his finest!

As far as murder going down in places that ccw's are going up, that makes total sense. Fits right in there with the lower murder rates in places where people hunt and live agrarian lifestyles that always had guns. Almost everyone's got guns and few people want to take a chance trying to screw with a redneck that owns guns, its just a bad Idea!
Quote:
Manta asked---Is the murder and violent crime rate high in Hawaii. ? You would assume it would be as few carry firearms.
Obviously you dont watch tv, Hawaii has a couple things going for it, Hawaii 5-O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii_Five-0

and its Barry's fav vacation hangout. When hes in town (often), theres more guns there than the state of Texas has! It doesnt hurt that its home to the Navy's pacific fleet and a few thousand guns that go with that as well. As someone else said, the cheapest housing there is more than the most expensive in CNY. They have more issues with volcano's than crime...

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 07-12-2014 at 04:26 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-12-2014, 09:08 PM   #18
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i'll adhere to the belief that more guns in the hands of the LAC is in some way related to lowering criminal acts.

now, most BG's and criminals are not the smartest people in the world, but i think it's safe to assume that some of them can read and can watch TV, so the information about more LAC's having guns and more people getting CC permits has to be sinking into their small brains to a degree.

so, as most of these POS's are pretty much cowards to begin with and are looking for softer targets of opportunity to attack and steal from, they are maybe realizing there are less of these softer targets for them to attack.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default Gun facts:

Searching on web in order to write a leaflet helping Italian firearm enthusiasts for discussion against italian gun-control advocates i found some interesting informations:

- 60% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they knew the victim was armed. 40% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they thought the victim might be armed

(Armed and Considered Dangerous: A Survey of Felons and Their Firearms, James Wright and Peter Rossi, Aldine, 1986)

- Gun homicides were 10% higher in states with restrictive CCW laws, according to a study spanning 1980-2009

(An examination of the effects of concealed weapons laws and assault weapons bans on state-level murder rates, Applied Economics Letters, Vol 21, No. 4)

- After passing their concealed carry law, Florida’s homicide rate fell from 36% above the national average to 4% below, 3 and remains below the national average (as of the last reporting period, 2005)

(Shall issue: the new wave of concealed handgun permit laws, Cramer C and Kopel D. Golden CO: Independence Institute Issue Paper. October 17, 1994)

- States that disallow concealed carry have violent crime rates 11% higher than national averages.

(FBI, Uniform Crime Reports, 2004 – excludes Hawaii and Rhode Island – small populations and geographic isolation create other determinants to violent crime.)

these facts and many others are taken from this link:

http://www.gunfacts.info/2014-gun-facts-fundraiser-hide/

Old 07-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #20

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

So are we to believe that the common criminal is keeping up with statics on gun rights,I doubt that a murderer or robber sits down and analyzes statistics before leaving his or her house to commit crimes.
Crime rates rise and fall they always have and always will.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

alsaqr Likes This