Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Store owner shoots alleged robber more than 10 times

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1374 Times on 934 Posts
Likes Given: 471

Default Store owner shoots alleged robber more than 10 times

A convenience store owner was shot during a robbery on Nov. 11 in Bassfield, Mississippi, but then turned the tables and opened fire on the robber shooting him at least 10 times.

It was in the early morning hours when the suspect, armed with a gun, walked into the Get and Go convenience store and demanded the clerk hand over the store’s cash, WDAM reports. But before the clerk could collect all of the cash, the robber shot the clerk in the leg.

The suspect then left the store, but apparently got greedy and decided to return moments later to grab the rest of the cash that was left behind. However, the suspect’s greediness would prove to be a fatal flaw.

Within those moments that the suspect walked out of the store, the clerk was able to retrieve his 9mm handgun, and when the robber walked back inside, the clerk opened fire. When officers arrived, the suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.

Read More here: http://www.guns.com/2013/11/27/store-clerk-shot-by-robber-opens-fire-on-suspect-hitting-him-more-than-10-times/

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #2

Liked 841 Times on 561 Posts
Likes Given: 511

HOLY SH!T! THAT guy should be teaching some kind of class! Good for him. Hope his leg feels better.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #3

Liked 194 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 37

The article doesn't mention the caliber, but if he was shot 11-13 times as they report, I'm guessing a 9 or a 22.
So what now? Right after the mayor awards him the key to the city, he has to report back to the corporate headquarters for termination?

Old 12-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #4

Liked 108 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
The article doesn't mention the caliber, but if he was shot 11-13 times as they report, I'm guessing a 9 or a 22.
So what now? Right after the mayor awards him the key to the city, he has to report back to the corporate headquarters for termination?
Read it again. The article said it was a "9mm handgun."

Old 12-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Swiss cheese......

"Feuer Frei!"

People Like This 
Old 12-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1945 Times on 1044 Posts
Likes Given: 2893

Let me guess: The robber came back because he needed more money for his medical school tuition.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #7

Liked 1116 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

Greedy bastard, All I can say is good shooting on his part. I can only imagine the adrenaline flow this guy had after being shot and then being put in the position of being victim a second time just second later . Its no wonder the man shot 9 times , when in fear for your life you do what needs to be done even if includes unloading a full mag.

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
People Like This 
Old 12-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #8

Liked 316 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Let me guess: The robber came back because he needed more money for his medical school tuition.
Yeah, now get ready for the comments to the media by the friends and family of the deceased slimeball. "He was such a good person, such a good father, such a good son, a steady church goer" etc, etc, etc.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #9

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

The way I see it he was in the right here all the way, for all the clerk knew the guy was coming back to finish him off. I'm glad this ended the way it did one less POS out on the streets.

Must suck pretty bad getting shot, hope his leg gets better we'll pray for him.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

wittmeba Likes This 
Old 12-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #10

Liked 108 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Or his Obamacare premiums.