Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > some thing good from WNY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 972 Times on 645 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Default some thing good from WNY?

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130728/CITYANDREGION/130729105/1003

hope he didnt have more than 7 rounds.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1771 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

Good shooting citizen, now let's work on that aim just a little!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 08-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1009 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Good shooting citizen, now let's work on that aim just a little!
He was trained by NYPD.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #4

Liked 36 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 24

C'mon. Cut WNY some slack. We also provided you with chicken wings, chiavettas BBQ, beef on weck, and four straight gifts to super bowl opponents.

SCOPE Memeber
People Like This 
Old 08-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1771 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARFAB View Post
C'mon. Cut WNY some slack. We also provided you with chicken wings, chiavettas BBQ, beef on weck, and four straight gifts to super bowl opponents.
Most of us like WNY, ya'll seem to be a far smarter bunch (by orders of magnitude) than 90% of the people in NYC..

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 08-05-2013 at 11:03 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1250 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 440

You ought to make NYC a City State and leave the rest of NY State alone. Bloomberg could be the Governor and they deserve him.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
If things get better with age, I am approaching magnificent.
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

People Like This 
Old 08-07-2013, 01:47 AM   #7
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1032 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 5294

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARFAB View Post
Edit: Checked my oinfo, and I was wrong. It was 4 in a row. Got it crossed with it only being 3 different teams. Can't tell I'm not a sports fan.

You just listed most of the only things I will miss when I move out of this state. As far as that 7 rounds thing goes, most of the LEOs I know (a couple are Buffalo cops) agree with the current Sheriff of the county to my east when he basically said " Pizz on the SAFE Act. I will not order my men to uphold an unconstitutional law."

His opponent in the next election is already bringing this up in his political campaign. He is asking the voters to question what other laws are not being upheld because of his opponent's beliefs, and stating that: "Even if the law is wrong, it is the law of the land, and therefore, it must be enforced." Man I hope the current guy gets re-elected!

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 08-07-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4554 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 4696

Hooray for the good guy, Buffalo is more like the rest of us in upstate than NYC and Albany. As far as the 7 round limit goes, most pistol owners round here have found the way around Albanizer Scrooges BS law, Its called a NY Reload, two pistols equals 14 chances to deliver terminal lead poisoning to POS Thugs and Criminals! As Jd pointed out about some of the NYPD, whacking 2 birds with one gun is better than NY Cities best seems to be able to do!

I find it interesting that the measure of a good shoot is if the gun was legal (as declared by the paper)! If it wasnt legal, would the victim have been better off not protecting himself and following the law? Thats exactly why regulating these things like they do creates victims. A citizen should be able to go down to the local store, buy a pistol and bullets and take it home. A BG check should take 2 minutes and only invalidate a purchase if the customer is under the legal control of A federal, State, county Prison/ Jail system (IE, Parole, Home detentions or Work Release).

If a citizen cant be trusted with a Gun, they certainly cant be trusted with a car, fly a plane, pilot a Jet Boat, own a steak-knife or any other possible second use of a lethal device.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #9

Liked 3698 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
You ought to make NYC a City State and leave the rest of NY State alone. Bloomberg could be the Governor and they deserve him.
I agree... They could call this new State "Liliput"... And Bloomberg already makes the perfect "munchkin" Governor.

Tack