Shooting Shows on TV, Radio, and other podcasts.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Shooting Shows on TV, Radio, and other podcasts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 08:58 AM   #1
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Shooting Shows on TV, Radio, and other podcasts.

So what Else does everyone Watch/ listen to, Aside from the FTF Podcast!?!?!?!!?

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2014, 09:36 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Myself, nothing.. It's never anything fresh and tends to drown out in monotone delivery. I'd rather be out shooting than burning brain cells in front of the TV. Same with magazines. American Rifleman and SOF is all I read, and I tend to get some photos published in various magazines

Become steel or get cut.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:46 AM   #3

I've gone back to reading a lot more, but try and get AMAP online. All I watch on the tube aside from the news once a a Day and NFL Network when I have to prep for a football show( I still do two shows a week) is Am. Heroes Ch. And some shooting shows. I like "Wed. Night at the range" on Outdoor, and "Lock and load" Mondays on Pursuit Ch...I still find none of these guys except 1 or two that are doing honest Evaluations of stuff. ex. 4 Major writers have said so far that the New Remington R51 is the "Be all & end all" of concealable 9 MM's. So how come everyone not getting the gun free has an issue with the beavertail grip!!'

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 03-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #4
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1369 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 3476

for those like me that is interested, Sons of Guns is back on.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
WonderingMind Likes This 
Old 03-27-2014, 04:35 PM   #5

Liked 314 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
for those like me that is interested, Sons of Guns is back on.
Oh, wonderful! I liked that show back when I still had cable TV. I got annoyed at the bill and turned it off since most of the crud on was just Progressive propaganda anyway.
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949

Old 03-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #6
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1369 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 3476

My TV cannot pick up Progressive Propaganda. It refuses to acknowledge the channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingMind View Post
Oh, wonderful! I liked that show back when I still had cable TV. I got annoyed at the bill and turned it off since most of the crud on was just Progressive propaganda anyway.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 03-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Not necessarily shooting shows, but shows with shooting. Person of Interest, Revolution, Agents of SHIELD, Walking Dead, The Rifleman.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #8

We like Person Of Interest also. Some of the others My wife watches or Records: the 2 NCIS's, Hawaii 5-0, Alaska ST. Troopers, Wardens, Criminal Minds, and My wife started Watching Chicago PD,..and a few others. I try to Watch the NRA stuff, and even though I rejoined after several years on non-membership, My Problem with American Rifleman is, they act like everyone has unlimited finances to spend thousands of $$$$ on this stuff, which most of us can only do by selling other stuff. A friend told me "part of collecting anything is knowing when to let it go, for whatever reason." He's right to a certain extent..
Edit: I do Record NRA All Access, because I like Matt & Jesse after meeting them and talking with them at SHOT.....

Old 03-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 339 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I listen to several of the podcasts on the Firearms Radio Network. Like a couple of the Monday night at the range shows and whenever a new Gun Stories comes out.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:55 PM   #10

Joe M films a lot of takes for "Gun Stories" here in Az. about a Hr. away from Me at Gunsite. I have only Been there once since I moved here, but When I was still shooting as a competitor I took a class there in the 90's When Col. Cooper Was still with us. More recently, we took a class with Ed Stock, the Ch. Rangemaster there, but he did the class at our Indoor range in Camp Verde.." sadly, more "Refresher Training" is a luxury I can't afford right now.