Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearms in the Media (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/)
-   -   Shooting Shows on TV, Radio, and other podcasts. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/shooting-shows-tv-radio-other-podcasts-105523/)

DrFootball 03-27-2014 07:58 AM

Shooting Shows on TV, Radio, and other podcasts.

So what Else does everyone Watch/ listen to, Aside from the FTF Podcast!?!?!?!!?

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Steel_Talon 03-27-2014 08:36 AM

Myself, nothing.. It's never anything fresh and tends to drown out in monotone delivery. I'd rather be out shooting than burning brain cells in front of the TV. Same with magazines. American Rifleman and SOF is all I read, and I tend to get some photos published in various magazines

DrFootball 03-27-2014 10:46 AM

I've gone back to reading a lot more, but try and get AMAP online. All I watch on the tube aside from the news once a a Day and NFL Network when I have to prep for a football show( I still do two shows a week) is Am. Heroes Ch. And some shooting shows. I like "Wed. Night at the range" on Outdoor, and "Lock and load" Mondays on Pursuit Ch...I still find none of these guys except 1 or two that are doing honest Evaluations of stuff. ex. 4 Major writers have said so far that the New Remington R51 is the "Be all & end all" of concealable 9 MM's. So how come everyone not getting the gun free has an issue with the beavertail grip!!'

TDS92A 03-27-2014 03:12 PM

for those like me that is interested, Sons of Guns is back on. :D

WonderingMind 03-27-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDS92A (Post 1541589)
for those like me that is interested, Sons of Guns is back on. :D

Oh, wonderful! I liked that show back when I still had cable TV. I got annoyed at the bill and turned it off since most of the crud on was just Progressive propaganda anyway.

TDS92A 03-27-2014 03:59 PM

My TV cannot pick up Progressive Propaganda. It refuses to acknowledge the channel. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by WonderingMind (Post 1541610)
Oh, wonderful! I liked that show back when I still had cable TV. I got annoyed at the bill and turned it off since most of the crud on was just Progressive propaganda anyway.

BigB 03-27-2014 07:05 PM

Not necessarily shooting shows, but shows with shooting. Person of Interest, Revolution, Agents of SHIELD, Walking Dead, The Rifleman.

DrFootball 03-27-2014 07:39 PM

We like Person Of Interest also. Some of the others My wife watches or Records: the 2 NCIS's, Hawaii 5-0, Alaska ST. Troopers, Wardens, Criminal Minds, and My wife started Watching Chicago PD,..and a few others. I try to Watch the NRA stuff, and even though I rejoined after several years on non-membership, My Problem with American Rifleman is, they act like everyone has unlimited finances to spend thousands of $$$$ on this stuff, which most of us can only do by selling other stuff. A friend told me "part of collecting anything is knowing when to let it go, for whatever reason." He's right to a certain extent..
Edit: I do Record NRA All Access, because I like Matt & Jesse after meeting them and talking with them at SHOT.....

aandabooks 03-27-2014 08:23 PM

I listen to several of the podcasts on the Firearms Radio Network. Like a couple of the Monday night at the range shows and whenever a new Gun Stories comes out.

DrFootball 03-27-2014 08:55 PM

Joe M films a lot of takes for "Gun Stories" here in Az. about a Hr. away from Me at Gunsite. I have only Been there once since I moved here, but When I was still shooting as a competitor I took a class there in the 90's When Col. Cooper Was still with us. More recently, we took a class with Ed Stock, the Ch. Rangemaster there, but he did the class at our Indoor range in Camp Verde.." sadly, more "Refresher Training" is a luxury I can't afford right now.