security guard shot and wins
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > security guard shot and wins

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5678 Times on 2965 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Default security guard shot and wins

amazing how little play this is getting. security guard confronts gunman gets shot takes gun away then holds goblin at bay. seeing as how the liberal gunman was trying to murder conservatives its getting a pass in the media...

Quote:
Hero guard shot thwarting attack at Family Research Council HQ

Published August 15, 2012 FoxNews.com

A security guard at the Family Research Council's headquarters in Washington, D.C. is being hailed as a hero after he stopped a gunman posing as an intern, taking a bullet in the arm before wrestling the suspect to the ground.

The gunman, identified as 28-year-old Floyd Lee Corkins II, entered the lobby of the organization's Chinatown headquarters around 10:45 a.m. and expressed disagreement with the conservative group's policy positions, sources tell Fox News.

When the guard, who was not identified, asked him where he was going, he opened fire, according to police.

“The security guard here is a hero, as far as I’m concerned,” D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said. "He did his job. The person never made it past the front.”

“The security guard here is a hero, as far as I’m concerned.”

- D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier

The guard, who was not identified, was shot in the arm and was conscious after the shooting and in stable condition. Corkins was being questioned by the FBI, sources said. Sources said he lives in Herndon, Va.

The suspect "made statements regarding their policies, and then opened fire with a gun striking a security guard," a source told Fox News.

Sources also said the gunman may have been carrying a bag from Chick-fil-A, the embattled fast-food restaurant whose president came under fire from gay activists after he said he did not agree with same-sex marriage.

Sources told Fox News that after guard took away his gun, the suspect said, "Don't shoot me, it was not about you, it was what this place stands for."

Authorities were treating the attack as a case of domestic terrorism, although James McJunkin, the head of the FBI’s Washington Field Office, said authorities do not yet know the gunman's motive.

“We don’t know enough about him or his circumstances to determine what his connection is to this group [the research council] or his mental state, or what he was doing or thinking of doing,” McJunkin said. “So we’re going to try to sort this all out, pull the evidence together, do all the interviews we can.”

The FRC is a conservative nonprofit that seeks to advance "faith, family and freedom in public policy and public opinion," according to its website. The group weighs in on policy, and has often sent representatives to Congress to weigh in on the social effects of policy matters.

“The police are investigating this incident," Family Research Council President Tony Perkins said. "Our first concern is with our colleague who was shot today. Our concern is for him and his family.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/15/guard-at-family-research-council-shot/#ixzz23ekjmD4s

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

PrimePorkchop Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

What exactly does that facility do?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Not good really. Food for the antis to show that security guards don't need guns.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1199 Times on 670 Posts
Likes Given: 499

ABC just ran a segment on this incident, about 30 seconds worth.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ignore my previous post another thread on the topic gave me the info I needed. Just what we need an anti-gay nut with a gun.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #6

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
ABC just ran a segment on this incident, about 30 seconds worth.
Ditto on the NBC Nightly News...gotta squeeze that 'guns are bad' story in, if only for a moment...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 08-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
What exactly does that facility do?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Research_Council

they are a social and fiscal conservative group.

the liberal mass murderer was probably going to cut someone's head off and put it in the chick-filet bag...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Woah wait a damn minute am I seriously confused? Did this guy stop by chic-fil-a and buy food and then shoot someone in an anti-gay facility?

People Like This 
Old 08-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Woah wait a damn minute am I seriously confused? Did this guy stop by chic-fil-a and buy food and then shoot someone in an anti-gay facility?
they didnt say he had food just a bag. the frc is definately against gay marriage. the goblin said he didnt like the message of frc...

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #10
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Hmm maybe the bag was just a diversion.