Robbery Victims Shooting Attackers Called ĎAlarming Trendí - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Robbery Victims Shooting Attackers Called ĎAlarming Trendí

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 517 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Perhaps the folks alarmed by this trend are so "liberalized" that the notion of self defense itself is frightening.
The straight faced argument I've been hearing since the 90's is that it is not right to take a person's life over some possessions.

You know, I would never shoot someone for taking my stapler at work. I think people miss the point.

My home is sacrosanct. I deserve to feel secure there and I have a right to defend it. Thank God for Texas Castle laws. It's not about stopping someone from stealing my TV, it's about making a point that invading my domain could be your costliest mistake.

"Street Justice" my ass. These people don't get it.

These are the people who are alarmed. They don't respect your property rights, your home is not important to them, and they feel perfectly fine about making that decision for you. As a former Liberal Democrat I'm glad I left the party before it became such a group of nosy busybodies. I miss the days when it truly was the party of the little guy, but I haven't seen any evidence of that platform since the 80's.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

Old 02-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #12

Liked 4985 Times on 2414 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Yep... Libs love to argue that no possession is worth killing for and it resulted in decades of corporate policies that fired employees for defending themselves instead of giving in to criminal demands.

We had a coffee stand employee take down and armed robber last summer in Southern Oregon and the Media's first question was if he violated company policy by being armed.

The answer was heck NO!

Anyone rolling past a Dutch Brothers Coffee should remember this and buy one.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post
The straight faced argument I've been hearing since the 90's is that it is not right to take a person's life over some possessions.

You know, I would never shoot someone for taking my stapler at work. I think people miss the point.

My home is sacrosanct. I deserve to feel secure there and I have a right to defend it. Thank God for Texas Castle laws. It's not about stopping someone from stealing my TV, it's about making a point that invading my domain could be your costliest mistake.

"Street Justice" my ass. These people don't get it.

These are the people who are alarmed. They don't respect your property rights, your home is not important to them, and they feel perfectly fine about making that decision for you. As a former Liberal Democrat I'm glad I left the party before it became such a group of nosy busybodies. I miss the days when it truly was the party of the little guy, but I haven't seen any evidence of that platform since the 80's.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:51 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

In Grants Pass, the Dutch Bros. coffee shop downtown has a "No Weapons" sign in the window.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-13-2013, 03:26 AM   #14

Liked 4985 Times on 2414 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
In Grants Pass, the Dutch Bros. coffee shop downtown has a "No Weapons" sign in the window.
Hmm...

Thought is was Dutch Brothers??? I'll have to look it up and confirm.

Tack
Old 02-13-2013, 03:58 AM   #15

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Why do they always refer to these felons as Teenagers? The press makes it sound like they are only armed pranksters. Anyone who would shoot a Teenager would go to the garden and pull up baby corn.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:06 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 826 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 1815

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Why do they always refer to these felons as Teenagers? The press makes it sound like they are only armed pranksters. Anyone who would shoot a Teenager would go to the garden and pull up baby corn.
That's called 'thinning the stand'. Makes the survivors stronger.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:09 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
". . . Some people in Detroit, including the one news person, are referring to the two incidences of self-defense as an alarming trend. . . .etc."

Who's "Some people" ? It doesn't say. And do they really mean 'alarming' or do they mean 'noticed'.
My guess is that the "some people" are the thugs, perverts, career crimainals that walk the streets of Detroit.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 02-13-2013, 04:24 AM   #18

Pulling up baby corn makes the stand stronger? You should get a job in Iowa. How long would it take you to make a 1,000 acres stronger.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 826 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 1815

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Pulling up baby corn makes the stand stronger? You should get a job in Iowa. How long would it take you to make a 1,000 acres stronger.
From a gardener's perspective. Thin each "hill" to the strongest 2 or 3 individual plants so there's less competition for the available nutrients, and the remaining plants grow bigger and stronger. Iowa corn farmers are on their own.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

CA357 Likes This 
Old 02-13-2013, 05:14 AM   #20

Yea this is a gun forum "Green Thumb" is 20 forums over. I am glad I didn't mention shoot the Moon. Then all the PC Astronomers we be bent out of shape.