Rising Voice of Gun Ownership Is Female
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Rising Voice of Gun Ownership Is Female

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1859 Times on 1274 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Default Rising Voice of Gun Ownership Is Female

PAINESVILLE, Ohio — Mary Ann Froebe stood feet apart with knees slightly bent and aimed the .22-caliber Ruger semiautomaic.
“You’ve got some adrenaline running through you right now,” said Esther Beris, the coordinator of the northeastern Ohio chapter of A Girl and a Gun Women’s Shooting League. “It’s O.K., just relax.”

Ms. Froebe, 42, a small-business owner who described herself as a “virgin gun shooter,” concentrated and pulled the trigger. “It was awesome,” she said, her face flushed, after emptying the 10-round magazine. “The sense of control, of being in charge of me.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/11/us/rising-voice-of-gun-ownership-is-female.html?pagewanted=all&_r=2&

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

One voice no "congress critter" wants to face in public ! >MW

Old 02-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 25

It is rather amazing to see a pro gun article in the liberal NY Times!? Hopefully the trend of female gun ownership will continue to grow in popularity!

Old 02-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfynn View Post
It is rather amazing to see a pro gun article in the liberal NY Times!? Hopefully the trend of female gun ownership will continue to grow in popularity!
The numbers can only go up. I'm guessing there's another surge of female gun purchases going on right now. Like in '08, the hysterical gun-banners are the best thing that ever happened to the firearm/ammo business.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

That group, A Girl and A Gun, actually has a local chapter here where I live in a relatively small town. They have, I think I read, 32 members. Some of them are far more superior shooters than many of the men that shoot in the same range. I think it was a great idea, they have outings almost every week. Their local chapters have a calendar with all the events listed. More power to them!

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-23-2013, 01:54 AM   #6

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
That group, A Girl and A Gun, actually has a local chapter here where I live in a relatively small town. They have, I think I read, 32 members. Some of them are far more superior shooters than many of the men that shoot in the same range. I think it was a great idea, they have outings almost every week. Their local chapters have a calendar with all the events listed. More power to them!
My wife and I both started shooting about 10 years ago. I've always shot bb and pellet guns and I bought her (our) first gun as a gift. (it's also my avatar). It looks old west and she in an antique collector, and if she nover shot it it would have been OK. Well 10 years and 10 guns later, it gets shot as often as the rest. When she started shooting, she was every bit as good as me right off the bat. She has the technique, the proper attitude and respect for firearms which makes her a good shooter. While all of the men in my extended family do shoot, she's just about the only female shooter, and she is proud of that.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:51 AM   #7

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

A very outstanding example of a lady firearms owner is our own Zombie Girl. Z-Girl is a very professional female owner of many firearms. She not only owns firearms but she and her family are active shooters.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #8

Liked 516 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Inconvenient truths about gun ownership.

Here's the real war on women. Limit magazine capacity, tell them what they are and aren't allowed to have, and vilify gun ownership. Then stand in moral outrage over rape and brutalization of women.

A firearm is a great equalizer.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

Old 02-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #9

Liked 37 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I shoot with a group of Georgia women, some are FLEO'S and some have family members who are Federal LEO's.
We were invited to FLETC at Glynco, Georgia, to shot at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.
The pistol teams were U S Park SERVICE, FEDERAL MARSHALS, NAVY SEALS, SECRET SERVICE and several others. Two women in our group are Federal Marshals who came in second in the pistol competition. The park service won .
Our group got to pratice with the various teams but were not invited to compete, but it was fun and we learned a lot from the people that were willing to give us some pointers.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:33 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Probably 'not invited' cause they didnt want to get beat.