Remington Coming to Alabama - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Remington Coming to Alabama

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 03:57 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

someone already started a thread about this. i don't think we really need two threads on the same subject.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/remington-coming-alabama-104041/

Old 02-16-2014, 04:54 AM   #12

Liked 82 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Maybe I will finally be able to get some friggin .22 ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 02-16-2014, 04:58 AM   #13

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I expect this will allow Remington to escape the Labor Union in New York. The lack of Labor Unions in the South is a big draw for American Manufacturing.
The question is how many times can the freedom group retrain a new staff and maintain both quality and production? Anyone in AL that would be ready to work on day one is already employed by Kia. The Kia complex is huge with an on site electronics plant.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:13 AM   #14

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I have never seen anything about what they are manufacturing. No company makes a move without securing numbers on an available labor force with 30 year predictions. They may use a large unskilled labor force. Mexicans come to mind.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:56 AM   #15

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I have never seen anything about what they are manufacturing. No company makes a move without securing numbers on an available labor force with 30 year predictions. They may use a large unskilled labor force. Mexicans come to mind.
You have a point. Remington would be able to recruit all over the south. Alabama has recently been ranked as one of the best places to live by many major publications.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:21 AM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Hope Cuomo isn't re-elected. I won't vote for him and don't know anyone that will.

OC
People Like This 
Old 02-16-2014, 09:45 AM   #17
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8125 Times on 4188 Posts
Likes Given: 9329

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC357 View Post
Hope Cuomo isn't re-elected. I won't vote for him and don't know anyone that will.

OC
If he is re-erected, it wont be Upstaters that do it (Other than Albany and Ithaca).

Technically, until Remington completes their last Govt contract, they must stay in NY (Thanks Chuckie). Remington cant deny sales to govt because they signed a contract to sell and repair, voiding that would likely put them out of business. That gives the rest of us some time to unphuck what Andy and Friends phucked up!

It will be a very sad day if they bowl down acres of plants that have produced weapons for our state, nation and the world longer than any buildings in the USA. Literally 10 thousand Ilion and surrounding residents futures will be flattened with those brick and mortar structures.

For now, no new Remingtons in my cabinet until NY gets right....
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #18
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i will say this, maybe the new plant is a sign of what Remington plans on doing. only an expansion right now, but maybe a permanent move to a more gun friendly state in the near future. only time will tell the whole story.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #19
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8125 Times on 4188 Posts
Likes Given: 9329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i will say this, maybe the new plant is a sign of what Remington plans on doing. only an expansion right now, but maybe a permanent move to a more gun friendly state in the near future. only time will tell the whole story.
If they hadnt gotten the last contract from Chuckie, they would be boarding up the windows today even without the safe act. Without those contracts, they would be saying they were leaving the state because of the Safe Act but leaving because of the Unions!

The Unions have bankrupted any manufacturing in New York that cant live off the government, arms sales are big govt business for sure. Ilion isnt exempt just cause of its rich Remington Arms history, the only reason its stayed open is the automating of much of the machining and State and Federal Contracts that cost the taxpayer way too much.

They are preparing for the inevitable downsizing of our military as well as Fed and State monies for LEO's drying up with that, moving south for cheap labor makes sense. The Remington Arms Museum in single building filled with the finest NY Remingtons ever made will be all thats left when the contracts disappear regardless of us taking our rights back.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #20

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

I used to work for remington I can assure u the only benefit u get is half off there product they don't care about there employees they focus on quantity and not quality u can't master both its one or the other

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Firearms Talk mobile app