Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media > Questions & Answers Thread for the Podcast!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 44 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 70

I have one, Does either you, DrFootball or Vikingdad use steel cased ammo. If not, why?

Thanks!

Join The NRA And Protect Our Rights

DrFootball Likes This 
Old 07-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #32
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 113 Times on 70 Posts

I typically EDC a Glock 26 with a 12-round mag, one extra mag for reloads. However, here in Oklahoma, the summer's are long, hot, humid and overall just plain miserable.

I find pocket-carrying the 26 a bit much - it's too thick and heavy for my pocket-carrying tastes.

However, pocket-carrying or IWB/OWB-carrying my LCR 357 is a much better summer option for me. And, I can easily carry a reload or two on speed strips in my other pockets.

For summer carry, do you guys go to a smaller, lighter firearm for EDC or just use your usual setup?

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill

Old 07-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #33
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!

Liked 2787 Times on 1916 Posts
Likes Given: 560

Default Questions & Answers Thread for the Podcast!!

Outstanding!!! We will devout extra time tonight to answer all of these, indepth, but since I'm here, let me answer the carry question now.

I have one Main and two secondary guns for EDCC. For years I went back an forth with full size guns in shoulder rigs under Jackets. When I got out here in Early 2012 I stopped "Kevtiching" over holsters. My Primary Carry is my Ruger LC9, with any combination of magazines that I have for it. I mentioned on another thread in Resp. To new Member Loni Jo that I have a total of 8 Mags for my LC, 5-7 Rounders, and 3-9 Rounders. The 9 round offers about an inch and a 1/4 to an inch and a 1/2 of extra grip space over the 7 round mags. I always carry at least one of the 9's. My set up for that gun varies from IWB with the DeSantis Insider D9 in black, OWB with the Mitch Rosen "double cant" in dark brown, or pocket carry in my right front pants or in a man Bag with the DeSantis Nemesis or Blackhawk#3. My other concealed Carry semi auto is my S&W 439 ASP Custom which is about 34 years old.. I have 5 mags for it, all +1 modified also By ASP Custom( long since out of biz) and with window added. I also have a DeSantis Super Tuck for the S&W, and a slightly larger Blackhawk #4 pocket as well. For mag carriers when I don't have one specifically to match the holster I have, I use several nylon belt pouches, singles and 2 Doubles, all with Velcro closures for mag carriers. I also have a Colt Cobra lightweight( not to be confused with the Colt King Cobra which I also have) 2" 38 Spl. When autos and mags are much too heavy. For revolvers I have a double and single strip carriers, and a double and a single Speed loader carrier. I use HKS speed loaders for all of my Revolvers( at least 1-2 for each. When I worked as a part time research Geek and Investigator for a cousins's law firm, I carried both the King Cobra and the Cobra LT.

For the instances I have to carry a full size gun, I'm *Required* to Carry a double Stack Semi Auto, 9 MM or larger, DAO or DA/SA-SA/DA, 4" or longer with a 15+ or larger capacity. I Carry a Beretta M9A1, with 15,17 & 1-20 Rd. Magazine( I also have 2 other 20 Rd and I 30 Rd. & 1-35 Rd., which is what I carried the last few years in the Reserves. My HD Gun after whichever Carry is on my Nightstand or in my bag, is my Ruger SR9, or the Beretta. I have a messload of Beretta and Ruger Mags,...one day I'd like to get another SR9C. Or a Sig or CZ or a clone of one of those.,..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Last edited by DrFootball; 07-10-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:06 AM   #34

Default Questions & Answers Thread for the Podcast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
For the next one, would y'all mind describing the progression of the various "Gun Control" and "Firearm Acts" of the past century and how they have affected our freedoms and how a person can obtain/posses firearms. A nice step by step timeline would be very helpful as I tend to get the different laws confused on what they do and I know there are some out there that I have never heard of. Thanks y'all. Keep up the great work.
Because this topic is so wide ranging, we are going to devote either an Entire show or most of one, Either next week or in 2 weeks....We did Identify 4 major Time periods, 1934, 1968, 1986-93, and the most recent laws passed in CT, NY,NJ, and CA.......

All the other questions this week were answered during a 1 Hr & 39 Minute "Overtime" recording...which Will be reviewed tomorrow by Admin and Posted!

Corrected Edit: 7/11-0:300 Az. Time- posted for Staff review 7/11...
We just want to say this is the best show the Three of us together have done to date, and we're very pleased with it. Enjoy...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Last edited by DrFootball; 07-11-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #35

Liked 44 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Because this topic is so wide ranging, we are going to devote either an Entire show or most of one, Either next week or in 2 weeks....We did Identify 4 major Time periods, 1934, 1968, 1986-93, and the most recent laws passed in CT, NY,NJ, and CA.......

All the other questions this week were answered during a 1 Hr & 39 Minute "Overtime" recording...which Will be reviewed tomorrow by Admin and Posted!

We just want to say this is the best show the Three of us together have done to date, and we're very pleased with it. Enjoy...
Can't wait to listen to it!

Join The NRA And Protect Our Rights

Old 07-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 533 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 211

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post

Looking forward to it. I know my question requires a long winded answer, but I feel it is a necessary one because the topic is so rarely discussed in a broad and comprehensive manner.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

DrFootball Likes This 
Old 07-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #37

Default I think we will be doing it this week

I think we can be ready by This week to do a show based on that…Also trying to get some NY baed folks to talk about the beginning of Confiscations that have begun, and Deleware Co. Sheriff refusing to participate...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.

fa35jsf Likes This