You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Firearms in the Media >

Questions & Answers Thread for the Podcast!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #21
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3394 Times on 2296 Posts
Likes Given: 710

We discussed this at length as the final topic of this current Podcast...Greg had the most insight as to the "why?" and Vikingdad discussed how to keep it from happening again, aside from just shooting the ammo, which would be a concern if the ammo wasn't crimped properly.....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 06-24-2014, 12:38 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 568 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Hey ya'll. Thanks for your comments on my ammo problem. I want to clarify though.

My ammo is not reloads, the 50 gr varmint rounds made by American Eagle are factory ammo. These are NOT reloads by any means. I bought them off the shelf at Academy.

My theory is still that these rounds were not crimped properly at the American Eagle factory. What I was trying to do (or wanting to do) was test crimping on the bullet with my own dies to test if I still had the same problem after I did my own crimping.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 06-24-2014, 12:44 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Here is a picture of the box. I think I didn't state my original question well or y'all misunderstood it.
ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1403570608.050315.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 06-24-2014, 05:16 AM   #24

Ahhhh, now I understand!!! Somewhere I thought you were loading these yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 06-24-2014, 11:44 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Maybe it was because I was talking about crimping them, which was just going to be an experiment to see if that solved my problem.

So what should I do? Last time I went to the range I inspected all of those rounds and then shot them all, no problems there. I bought two more boxes at the store and although I haven't loaded them up yet, I will soon and I am going to keep the boxes so I have the lot number. Should I contact Federal (or American Eagle) if I have any more issues?

I googled this problem, btw, and people have talked about bullet setback but never with this brand and type of ammo. Also, it should be noted that it says right on the box "Best to be used in AR style rifles" so there should be no reason as to why this would be a rifle problem.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #26

I know we didn't think it came from your rifle. Both Greg and I thought the rounds were not crimped securely. If too many of them wind up "loose" I would def. Contact Federal.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:54 AM   #27

No new questions this week??

Old 07-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #28

None at All??

Old 07-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

For the next one, would y'all mind describing the progression of the various "Gun Control" and "Firearm Acts" of the past century and how they have affected our freedoms and how a person can obtain/posses firearms. A nice step by step timeline would be very helpful as I tend to get the different laws confused on what they do and I know there are some out there that I have never heard of. Thanks y'all. Keep up the great work.

People Like This 
Old 07-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #30

Liked 595 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Default I have one....

What is the NRA and/or other organizations doing to counter Bloomberg's latest attack or attacks in general ?

http://news.yahoo.com/bloomberg-nra-everytown-midterms-162124814.html

Can't we find a way to sue him for political tampering ? UGGGGGG

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" Mark Twain
DrFootball Likes This